Cameo v6 Import/Export Options
Cameo has a variety of import/export and file format options. Please review the information below. Sample files have also been provided for testing purposes.
Patterns / Graded Nests / Markers
- Cameo native .PAT file format
- Import/Export - standard AutoCAD DXF format
- Import/Export - raster formats - .png, jpg, and .bmp
- Export - PDF format - viewable in Adobe Acrobat Reader
Reports / Style Sheets / Specification Sheets
- Cameo native RPT format - editable in the Cameo Report Editor
- RTF/DOCX format - editable in Word and other word processors
- HTML format - viewable in web browsers
- PDF format - viewable in Adobe Acrobat Reader
Patterns, graded nests, and markers can be printed to the PDF format at full scale and printed remotely. Patterns can be tiled to smaller paper sizes such as letter size and saved with registration markings and row and column numbers for taping together. Patterns can also be saved to large format paper sizes for printing on wide-format printers or plotters.
AutoCAD DXF-formatted files
- This file format can typically be opened in AutoCAD and similar true CAD programs.
- You should also be able to import DXF formatted files created in true CAD programs such as AutoCAD and WinTopo into Cameo.
- You may be able to open DXF files exported from Cameo into programs such as Gerber, Lectra, Assyst, and Optitex. You will need to check with the manufacturer to determine the importing capabilities of these programs.
- You should be able to open the Cameo DXF format in Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, and other similar "vector-based" art programs.
- You may be able to import DXF files exported from programs such as Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator. Files exported from these types of program may not retain the scale when opened in Cameo though.
Wild Ginger CANNOT provide technical support for importing or exporting files from programs published by other companies.
Please NOTE: An AutoCAD-formatted DXF file has been provided below. Please use this test file to determine if your importing program can successfully open DXF files exported from Cameo. A PNG file depicting the patterns in this file is also included. Your patterns should look like those in the PNG file after importing.
Right mouse click and choose Save Target As to download and save the file to your computer.