|Wild Ginger Software Forums|
|Author: SueC56 (Show all albums)|
Clothes I've made for myself using PMB. It all started with the shorts I purchased in summer 2009 that didn't fit well at all.
July 2011 - Now this is a comfortable blouse! (DRESS SHIRT) I lined the bodice with batiste because as much as I like eyelet, I don't like all the holes where undergarments can peek out. I ended up basting the lining to the fashion fabric and sewing them as one. I wasn't sure if it would negatively affect the drape of the fabric, but I think it looks fine.
June 2011 - CLASSIC shirt, DARTED sleeves, double front buttons, used PE (for the first time) to remove button band so I could cut it on the bias. This style is a little constricting as far as arm movement, but it was a good lesson in sleeve styles/shapes. Sleeves are too long because I forgot to compensate for adding cuffs. LESSON: Remember to consider shortening sleeves if you add cuffs. Did you notice that I put the cuffs on backwards? Nope, didn't think so. I just roll the cuffs up one turn and the sleeves are the right length and the backwards cuffs don't show. Bingo!
May 2011 - Hmm, less than successful. High waistband tends to ride down. Worse than that, the legs are way too narrow. Lesson: Remember to check the various hem circumferences before printing your pattern! Pocket would be more usable if it opened more to the side. Stay tuned for next version.
Buttoned up and sleeve cuffs turned down.
2010 Sep - Fleece jacket- Not PMB - McCalls 5718.
2010 Sep - Groom's dinner outfit
Here is the same outfit when I wore it for my 9/5/10 wedding.
2010 Aug - This is the outfit the black culottes were made for. The top is an empire waist, v-neck, with offset circle sleeves and flounce collar made from circle sleeve pattern pieces.
Wide legs, really wide legs.
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|
|© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.|