Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Merge, Clear Drawing and Save Before Closing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

Carol H
Posted 2011-03-16 4:36 PM (#73612)
Subject: Merge, Clear Drawing and Save Before Closing

Extreme Veteran

Lisa: 

Has there been a change regarding these commands in PE from V4??  For some reason in V5 when I merge two files and I want to save what is open on the PE screen, I end up copying over the file that I have pulled into PE.  As a result, I end up loosing my work. I have an external back-up drive on my computer that has allowed me to retrieve these files --- but only assuming that I notice it in time.  I don't recall having any difficuly with merging in V4.

I seem to be saving my work twice - once before closing and then I am asked again if I want to save.

I am also confused by the clear drawing command.  What does that mean?

Would you mind reviewing what each of these commands do?  Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2011-03-16 4:39 PM (#73613 - in reply to #73612)
Subject: RE: Merge, Clear Drawing and Save Before Closing

Tech Support

Clean Drawing - comes up when you select new.  This clears what is on the screen and does not save it.

The save icon saves to the previously opened file.

If you merge and want to save to a new file, go File - Save As.

Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2011-03-16 5:34 PM (#73614 - in reply to #73612)
Subject: RE: Merge, Clear Drawing and Save Before Closing

Administrator

Carol H - 2011-03-16 4:36 PM

Lisa: 

Has there been a change regarding these commands in PE from V4??  For some reason in V5 when I merge two files and I want to save what is open on the PE screen, I end up copying over the file that I have pulled into PE.  As a result, I end up loosing my work. I have an external back-up drive on my computer that has allowed me to retrieve these files --- but only assuming that I notice it in time.  I don't recall having any difficuly with merging in V4.

I seem to be saving my work twice - once before closing and then I am asked again if I want to save.

I am also confused by the clear drawing command.  What does that mean?

Would you mind reviewing what each of these commands do?  Thanks.

I have made no changes as to how Merge, Save, and Clear Drawing work in PE v5. Clear Drawing or New File clears the screen. It does not save first. Merge opens files but does not clear the screen and keeps the name of the original file opened. Open will clear the drawing screen and change the drawing name to the new file being opened. Are you sure you are choosing Merge and not Open?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.