Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PBS sewing programs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

Gloria in South IL
Posted 2011-01-08 9:17 AM (#71933)
Subject: PBS sewing programs

Veteran

After the New Years we had a PBS channel added to our cable. What sewing programs might be on it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen Maslowski
Posted 2011-01-08 9:45 AM (#71934 - in reply to #71933)
Subject: RE: PBS sewing programs

Every PBS station carries different programs, so it depends on what they choose to air.

We get seven or eight local PBS channels, without cable: three in Cincinnati, three in Northern Kentucky, and depending on the day, two to four from Dayton, OH. At any one time there could be three of the same program running, or three different ones. (Each station has from two to five channels: one for regular programming, sometimes one for just news, sometimes one for creative programs, like sewing and painting, etc.)

Go to this site, and plug in your zip code, then choose what kind of cable shows you have. It will show every program being aired in your area:

http://tv.yahoo.com/listings
sewsally
Posted 2011-01-08 12:51 PM (#71938 - in reply to #71933)

Elite Veteran

I usually record Nancy Zieman and Linda MacPhee. The rest are quilting shows on one of our PBS station. Only one of our PBS stations carries sewing shows. I have Dishnetwork.
Gloria in South IL
Posted 2011-01-09 6:10 PM (#71952 - in reply to #71938)

Veteran

Karen, I tried your suggestion but didn't have much luck. Sally, I did find Sewing with Nancy on Saturday. I get two PBS stations. One from St. Louis, the other from Carbondale, IL.

Thanks for your help.
Laura P.
Posted 2011-01-09 10:50 PM (#71955 - in reply to #71952)

Veteran

Hi Gloria!
Here in Iowa, IPTV has on one of their channels "Create TV". It offers a couple different sewing shows each week. Their website (createtv.com) might be able to show if you have any available in your area. Or, maybe just go to your public tv's website for more info?

Hope you find some....
Laura
Gloria in South IL
Posted 2011-01-11 11:35 PM (#71976 - in reply to #71955)

Veteran

Laura, Thanks so much for telling me about Create TV. It took some finding but I finally mastered it. It tells me that I have Martha Pullens and Donna Dewberry (never heard of her) available to me on both of my PBS stations. So Friday I will find out!

Laura, about 19 years ago my son went to work at a radio station in Ft. Dodge. My husband and I visited your town a couple of times. He later married a girl from Estherville, IA that also worked at the radio station. We just love her.

I'll let you know if I get to see a show.
Laura P.
Posted 2011-01-12 12:19 AM (#71977 - in reply to #71976)

Veteran

Hi Gloria!
Small world, isn't it?!! I'm not actually from Fort Dodge. My husband and I moved here with our kids almost 18 years ago from southern Wisconsin.....but I'm originally from Illinois! My parents still live in the home in which I grew up, in Tinley Park. I don't get to visit them nearly as much as I'd like! And every time I do get there, boy how their area changes!!

On PBS/CreateTv they have the Martha Pullen show--for the last year it was Sewing with Nancy. On our regular PBS station, not the "create" channel, we also have Fons and Porter's quilt show on Saturdays. Donna Dewberry has predominately painting, tho' she also has some sewing projects.

I hope you find lots of good shows on your PBS channel!!

Laura
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.