Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting into sewing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

julie w
Posted 2010-12-02 7:09 PM (#70977)
Subject: Getting into sewing

Extreme Veteran

I just wanted to share a happy moment. At the present time I am making costumes for my DDs dancing concert and someone else needed to finish the trimming in order to get them done in time! (I am also doing exams). One of the young dancers, 17 years old said I'll have a go, she has previously done bits of handsewing like press studs and sequins, and has really come into her own. She has found out what her mums unused sewing machine can do and found a way of doing it that works for her. When talking to her about it she said she has been wanting to have lessons for a while but hasn't had the time. One of the other girls said she has wanted to too and had a go at altering her mum's dress last week. I am really by the thought that these young girls are wanting to learn and have a go and would like to buy and recommend great beginner books. I am thinking of perhaps the Kwik Sew sewing book for swimwear and action wear due to them being dancers and the good directions and instructions on how to adapt patterns. Does any one else have any ideas? I would be willing to help them learn when they have the time although they are both at University.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Grandma C
Posted 2010-12-03 1:03 AM (#70978 - in reply to #70977)
Subject: RE: Getting into sewing

Elite Veteran

That is . I love to hear girls want to sew. Do you suppose one of the books on reperposing t shirts would be fun sewing for them. I do know that Kwik Sew has some learn to sew patterns. Perhaps one of the basic sewing texts..ie... The Readers Digest Sewing book.
julie w
Posted 2010-12-05 4:35 PM (#71068 - in reply to #70977)
Subject: RE: Getting into sewing

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Grandma C, I think Kwik Sew would be the way to go because of their detailed instructions, I'll take a look at their Kwik Start patterns.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.