Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

raglan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

ursula
Posted 2010-11-26 2:19 AM (#70756)
Subject: raglan

Elite Veteran

I am thinking about making a top with raglan sleeves with a scooped neckline.
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this?
Can I simply cut the top off the sleeve and scoop the bodice?
I don't want a seam at the top of the sleeve as this is going to be lace. In effect the sleeve would form the shoulder and part of the neckline.

Thanks for any input.

Just looked under jackets and saw "warmup". Would that be a better style to alter, I wonder?

Ursula

Edited by ursula 2010-11-26 2:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
EasilyAmewsed
Posted 2010-11-27 1:07 PM (#70817 - in reply to #70756)
Subject: RE: raglan

Extreme Veteran

I just tried a raglan before the holiday and found myself thankful that I had left the fabric between the dart legs intact as I ended up 'draping' the shoulder seam on my DTD after sewing up the entire thing. The shoulder seam was just too long and made a 'point' at the end of my shoulder when basted as is.
Other things that factored in was the use of a soft stretchy knit fabric, no side dart and my raising the armhole -.5. I think the armhole raise was a bad judgement call, but the shoulder darts needed to be shorter and a custom curved for my square shoulders.
I made my scoop neck during sew after the shoulder dart fitting vs. in PE since it was going to be rib finished. I just lifted a shape from another pattern I had.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.