Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cream fabrics - bad color for me
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> What in the world...???Message format

dotmoll
Posted 2010-07-26 8:42 AM (#63757)
Subject: Cream fabrics - bad color for me

Elite Veteran

Did it again. Bought a summery cream fabric that looked not TOO rich and yellowish in the shop, but is obviously not the best color for me when I look at it in daylight. I ought to know by now that a cream fabric sold in a Japanese shop is never going to be "my" color, but it seems I never learn.

I assume my best bet is to use some kind of trim in a darker and more flattering color near the neckline, but nothing really springs to mind.

This year's cream summer fabric: gauzy sheer rayon with heavy silk vertical slub stripe...when washed, the rayon shrank a bit leaving the most gorgeous ripple. 1.7 m of 110cm mmm-ness...

Last year's cream summer fabric: a lightweight double fabric with a woven pattern of wandering vertical lines scattered with leaves in white on rich cream. A summer shirt length.

At least the beautiful woven stripe cotton will make a shirt for DS1. I recall that I bought THAT length intending to make an underskirt for a maternity dress before his arrival!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beverly A.
Posted 2010-07-26 8:29 PM (#63775 - in reply to #63757)
Subject: RE: Cream fabrics - bad color for me

Elite Veteran

Time to dye it a more flattering color. And leave the cream colored fabrics to springs like me.
Beverly A.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.