Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sticky Edge to Edge Printers
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Printing Tips and Techniques - PublicMessage format

Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2010-03-04 5:27 PM (#61563)
Subject: Edge to Edge Printers

Administrator

Hi,

Is anyone using a printer that can print to the edge of the paper - meaning without any margins? If so, which ones?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
EasilyAmewsed
Posted 2010-03-04 8:05 PM (#61567 - in reply to #61563)
Subject: RE: Edge to Edge Printers

Extreme Veteran

Two days ago I got a new All-in-One Brother MFC 6490 mainly because I wanted a cheap, large format, Win7 64 bit friendly scanner for comics, but it also prints large format too. Tried it with PMB4 and it spat out pattern pages quite fast with no problems..did not actually try it borderless. In general, the borderless option seems to apply only to higher quality printing modes, which IMHO is a waste of ink for testing patterns. It's a similar story for my Epson R1800 regarding borderless too, it requests photo quality. I actually don't mind a tiny border anyhow because I glue pen my patterns together. <
The Brother seems to allow borderless on ledger size if you chose Normal/Fast setting and used paper tray 1. I did just try borderless with letter size, since that's what was in there. Interesting result too...there was an offset of almost a full .25 in. to get the pieces to line up correctly ( ignoring the L marks completely). With borders on, there was little or no mismatching..go fig. O.o
Here_Fishey
Posted 2010-03-05 1:15 PM (#61576 - in reply to #61563)

Extreme Veteran

I use an Epson Artisan 700, but it will only print edge to edge if you tell it you are printing on photo paper.
Bunny
Posted 2010-05-02 5:18 PM (#62380 - in reply to #61563)

I recently purchased a HP Photosmart Premium, All-In-One printer. You can created custom paper sizes up to 30 inches long.l It can not be wider that the normal 8.5. I have some left over continuous feed computer paper. So I created 2 paper sizes. One 8.5 by 22 inches which is two sheets and one 8.5 by 30 inches which is three sheets. I tear the track feeder off each side and it works well for printing patterns with less sheets to tape together. After reading this thread, I went back in and tried to create this two custom sizes borderless and it worked. I printed out one sheet to test it and it worked just fine. Printed right to the edge. Now, I have not printed out a complete project yet with it borderless but it appears that it will work. I'm looking forward to doing that. It will make it alot easier to put the patterns together and much quicker.
Jumala
Posted 2016-03-23 1:32 PM (#91065 - in reply to #61563)
Subject: Re: Edge to Edge Printers

Regular

Bought an Epson WF-3640 recently, an all in one inkjet. It can print edge to edge, would have to indicate print on plain paper? (override) instead on the control panel. It can also print 8.5x47-inch page using the back paper feed. Haven't tried it, do have some fan-fold paper. Other features: legal size, fax, copier, scanner, photo paper various sizes, 2 paper trays. Have a stand alone scanner for genealogy use.

Dennis
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.