Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

quarter pocket and unmatched stripes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

jak10
Posted 2010-02-13 10:54 AM (#61210)
Subject: quarter pocket and unmatched stripes

Extreme Veteran

I have two questions. On several spring styles, I saw a mention of quarter pocket with no illustration. Does anyone know what this is and hwo big. I had seen it also for a knit travel pant and am wanting to make a ponti knit pant and would like some front pockets. Does anyone have any suggestions for something unobtrusive, but will still hold a tissue, folding money, credit card?

The other question is about how to layout unmatched stripes on pants. Does one keep the pattern moving around the body or is each leg made symetrical? Thanks for all help. JoAnn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LadyRuna
Posted 2010-02-18 5:15 PM (#61302 - in reply to #61210)
Subject: RE: quarter pocket and unmatched stripes

Veteran

I think the quarter pocket is about the size of that mini-change pocket in Jeans. If you are wanting to put a tiny pocket for credit cards into knit pants, you can use the credit card as a guide as to the size of the pocket - just make its finished size slightly larger than the dimensions of what you want to put into the pocket.

As for the stripes question, as far as I know, there's no set standard - it's your preference. Make a second copy of your pants leg pattern (reversed so you have both left and right leg versions) and lay the patterns on the fabric. The stripes should show through the pattern paper and you can use your eye to decide where you want the stripes to fall.
cfonfold
Posted 2010-02-18 5:37 PM (#61304 - in reply to #61210)

Expert

A quarter pocket is the slanted version of the side in-seam pocket. I first encountered in in mens wear. Google quarter  pocket,

Coopie

rebells
Posted 2010-02-19 11:49 AM (#61316 - in reply to #61210)

Extreme Veteran

I know I responded to your question last week but my post seems to have disappeared in the ether.  In V3, and I assume V4, open Yardage Calculator.  On the left side of the screen is a button Create Plaid.  Press this button and it opens another window.  You can create plaids or stripes in this window.  I would suggest that you recreate your stripe in this window then lay your pattern pieces over it.  Move the pattern around until you find the layout that pleases you.
jak10
Posted 2010-02-20 10:42 AM (#61329 - in reply to #61316)

Extreme Veteran

I did read your post last week. Thank you. I had not thought of laying it out in yardage calculator. Now on a bright day, I have to decide if their is a nap or not. I did hang the fabric on my dress form and it looks better if it is mirrored. Thanks to Coopie also for the quarter pocket info. I had searched on Yahoo but not on Google. JoAnn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.