Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question about book
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Digital Flat Pattern - PublicMessage format

Judy B
Posted 2010-02-10 7:10 PM (#61155)
Subject: question about book

Elite Veteran

I received my book today. I can not wait to get into it and learn. I do have a question. See even before I open the book I have a question. Is the book just for wild ginger programs or if I had a program like OPTITEX the commands would be the same for that CAD program. I maybe in left field with that question but I hope it makes sense. Maybe a better way to ask is will what I learn in this book be applicable to all CAD programs or all the commands different with other CAD programs. If this has been discussed or mentioned before sorry for the repetition. I may have to hide the book when my daughter comes home. She may try to sneak it in her suitcase. She is a fashion design student and she is taking some sort of class about using computers with fashion design but I am not sure if they are actually doing patternmaking or just sketching and technical flats.
Thanks
Judy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rowena___.
Posted 2010-02-10 9:03 PM (#61158 - in reply to #61155)
Subject: RE: question about book

judy, i don't know the answer to that, we'll have to ask lisa.  the only other CAD programs i am familiar with are the ones used in theater to design lighting plots and scenic plots, and although some of the functions are similar the CAD that lisa had built has tools that are not used in the other programs and vice versa.  

Judy B
Posted 2010-02-10 10:08 PM (#61162 - in reply to #61158)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Rowena
I don't know enough about CAD to know the difference so it may not have been a good question. I guess I was wondering if I ever picked up another CAD program would I know what I was doing. That may never happen but just curious. I don't know that Opti Tex was a good example. I guess it could be any CAD progam Isn't Gerber another CAD program. I am still about the book. Hopefully next week while I am out of town I will have time to go through it.
Thanks
Judy
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2010-02-10 11:14 PM (#61168 - in reply to #61162)

Administrator

Judy B - 2010-02-10 10:08 PM

Thanks Rowena
I don't know enough about CAD to know the difference so it may not have been a good question. I guess I was wondering if I ever picked up another CAD program would I know what I was doing. That may never happen but just curious. I don't know that Opti Tex was a good example. I guess it could be any CAD progam Isn't Gerber another CAD program. I am still about the book. Hopefully next week while I am out of town I will have time to go through it.
Thanks
Judy

Hi Judy,

The skills you gain from the book should translate to other CAD programs meaning the steps to create a specific pattern would likely be similar if not the same. However, it is not likely that all of the tools we provide would exist or work the exact same way in every other CAD program. All programs have their nuances which make them unique. If you chose to use any other CAD program, you would have to learn their tools and functions to determine which ones to use to accomplish a specific pattern making step.

Judy B
Posted 2010-02-11 10:36 AM (#61175 - in reply to #61168)

Elite Veteran

Hi Lisa
Thanks I was just wondering I may never come in contact with the other CAD programs but it was more a question of curiosity.
Thanks
Judy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.