Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

software for inventory, projects, etc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> Sewing as a BusinessMessage format

geodesia
Posted 2010-02-07 9:31 AM (#61092)
Subject: software for inventory, projects, etc

Veteran

Hi all -- I have a question for sewing professionals. Do you use software of any kind to keep track of inventory and projects? I am actually a newbie glass artist, but glass and fabric have much in common--particularly STASH! I would like to enter in purchases of raw materials, and then for each project be able to input how much glass it is going to use and have the prices pull up from my receipts. And of course keep other expenses in there and have a handy summary at tax time, etc. I realize that WG has the stash organizing program but that is not quite what I'm looking for. Any thoughts, suggestions?

gratefully--

Katherine T.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MrsSewandSew
Posted 2010-02-07 10:51 AM (#61093 - in reply to #61092)
Subject: RE: software for inventory, projects, etc

Veteran

You might want to look at Peachtree accounting software for inventory and other record-keeping. It is fairly inexpensive for the amount of features it offers. I have used it in a past life for job costing at a construction business and it worked pretty well. Sometimes you can pick up an unregistered copy on Ebay....Support plans are reasonably priced too, if needed. (No affiliation with them whatsoever, just a customer.)
Here_Fishey
Posted 2010-02-07 3:04 PM (#61104 - in reply to #61092)

Extreme Veteran

Take a look at QuickBooks, it actually is a really good program for small businesses, and the price isn't bad either.
geodesia
Posted 2010-02-07 8:09 PM (#61111 - in reply to #61092)

Veteran

Thanks for the suggestions! I guess it is time to brush up on accounting skills too. I worked with Quickbooks ages ago, in another life...should have looked there first, I expect. Thanks again.

Katherine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.