Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something old
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

Gloria in South IL
Posted 2009-12-09 11:52 AM (#59982)
Subject: Something old

Veteran

My friend gave me a very fragile instruction book dated 1892. The front says National Garment Cutter Instruction Book. Inside is says the set is composed of a book, a set of scales, a folding square, curved pieces or scroll, tape measure and tracing wheel. Most of these things are with the book. I would say the book has about 50 pages with instructions for using these tools for making a Ladies Plain Costume to making a boy's overcoat. The instructions are very complicated. Any thoughts on what to do with this sewing treasure? Is it of any value?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rosemary
Posted 2009-12-09 1:44 PM (#59983 - in reply to #59982)
Subject: RE: Something old

Certified Educator

I'm sure it's worth quite a lot to somebody. You could contact places like museums (I can think of the Victoria & Albert in London or the fashion museum in Bath, UK) (I'm sure there are US examples). If they don't want it they may direct you to somewhere else. Ebay?
I would love something like that but not sure how much I would be prepared to pay.
PCMomwad
Posted 2009-12-10 9:53 PM (#60010 - in reply to #59982)
Subject: RE: Something old

Extreme Veteran

I think the fashion design colleges might be interested in this set, too.

Phyllis

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.