Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our Successes
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> The Sewing ChallengeMessage format

Merry Mary
Posted 2010-05-02 1:08 PM (#62377 - in reply to #57836)
Subject: RE: Our Successes

Regular

Karen, yes of course you may use my pictures - thank you so much for your comments!  I know the pictures aren't quite as close-up as they should be - trying to get my husband to take them closer - as I also made all the pants, shorts and skirt in the photos as well.  Style Match said I'm a Rectangle, and suggested bermuda-type shorts which I have never made nor worn before - and I think they look quite good on my body-type.  Also, you had suggested empire waisted blouses for rectangles, which was something else I did not wear much.  I am sure glad I made them though, I am quite happy with the look.  Overall, I am extremely pleased with the Pattern Master program.  Now I just have to get busy and learn Pattern Editor so I don't have to do all my alterations by hand!  Thanks again, Karen.      

Mary from British Columbia 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jenn062
Posted 2010-05-02 9:14 PM (#62384 - in reply to #57836)

Merry Mary! I just found out how to view your album and I am blown away! Your creations are beautiful. You go girl!

Jenn
marrlo
Posted 2010-05-02 10:00 PM (#62385 - in reply to #57836)

Extreme Veteran

Merry Mary - your blouses are so lovely - would you share the method you used on the blouse with what looks like a front ruffle edged in black? Thanks, Lora
Grandma C
Posted 2010-05-03 8:50 AM (#62390 - in reply to #62385)

Elite Veteran

Merry Merry, I am so to see the empire waist blouses on you. I think that will work for me. Even though stylematch said I am a triangle, I really think I am more of a rectangle with a tummy bulge. I like that you used 2 different necklines on the two blouses. They look great on you. Oh and I do love satin too. Great looking tops!!!
Merry Mary
Posted 2010-05-03 12:38 PM (#62393 - in reply to #62385)

Regular

Thanks!  It's just a basic blouse and the flounce on the front is made from circles.  I made one circle 5" wide and 4" inches - edged them both in navy thread on the serger, using wooly nylon in the upper looper.  I had to taper the flounces a bit at the neckline and at the bottom front.  (Trial and error, because I'm not very adept at PE yet and do alterations by hand.)  I made elbow-length sleeves and when I sewed them in, they looked unfinished, so I made a 4" circle flounce and attached it to them as well.  Hope this is the info you wanted.  Mary
marrlo
Posted 2010-05-03 5:58 PM (#62395 - in reply to #57836)

Extreme Veteran

Thank you so much - I have not yet worked with flounces. Lora
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.