Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

embrdidery placement on PM garments
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

flginny
Posted 2008-09-09 12:53 PM (#47829)
Subject: embrdidery placement on PM garments

Veteran

Wildthings has the capability of placing embroidery designs on pattern pieces so that placement can be worked out on screen. Does Version 4 have this capability? I'm working on a project on which I'd really like to do that, but I can't find a reference to it anywhere.

If this is possible, can you point me into the right direction? or tell me how it's done?

Thanks!
Virginia
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2008-09-09 2:05 PM (#47830 - in reply to #47829)
Subject: RE: embrdidery placement on PM garments

Tech Support

Covert your pattern to a jpeg and place in PE.

I do a screen print of the design and size in paint.

Belinda
Posted 2008-09-12 4:49 AM (#47914 - in reply to #47829)

Elite Veteran

Virginia, which embroidery software do you have? If you have Embird or even some other the other softwares you can import your pattern pieces (saved as a .jpg file from PE) into the embroidery software and do your placement there. The advantage of this over doing it in PMB or PE is you can edit the embroidery design as you go to suit your pattern piece. It works exceptionally well and is extremely accurate.
Mary Anne
Posted 2008-10-01 5:39 AM (#48529 - in reply to #47914)

Belinda - 2008-09-12 9:49 AM

Virginia, which embroidery software do you have? If you have Embird or even some other the other softwares you can import your pattern pieces (saved as a .jpg file from PE) into the embroidery software and do your placement there. The advantage of this over doing it in PMB or PE is you can edit the embroidery design as you go to suit your pattern piece. It works exceptionally well and is extremely accurate.

Hello Belinda,
I have Embird 2006, but not the studio. I just tried this importing a collar, but the image was tiny!! How do you get the image the correct size?
I would be keen to learn this!
If you can even point me to the correct part of the manual, I would be grateful.

Best wishes,
Mary Anne
flginny
Posted 2008-10-01 8:47 AM (#48539 - in reply to #47914)

Veteran

Virginia, which embroidery software do you have? If you have Embird or even some other the other softwares you can import your pattern pieces (saved as a .jpg file from PE) into the embroidery software and do your placement there. The advantage of this over doing it in PMB or PE is you can edit the embroidery design as you go to suit your pattern piece. It works exceptionally well and is extremely accurate.[/

Thank you for your response, Belinda. I have Palette 7 and Designers Gallery and Tools. I have Mary Anne's problem: I can import as a BMP or as a JPEG as an IMAGE, but it's very tiny, either extension, and I cannot enlarge it. Is there another way to go?

Virginia
Belinda
Posted 2008-10-02 6:12 AM (#48594 - in reply to #48529)

Elite Veteran

Regular old Embird is all you need.

Here's a quick overview.

I use a program called PrintKey2000 which is a screen capture program
http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=292
but you can save the file in PE as a .jpg instead if you like. However you will need some means of editing the .jpg image so it is exactly the same size as your rectangle. Something like PhotoShop. Either way works but here I'll explain how I do it with PrintKey. The key thing is you have to know the exact size (in centimetres) of your .jpg file so you can resize it in Embird.

I work in metric in both PE and Embrid, but I assume you can do the same thing in imperial.

• Open the saved pattern in PE. (I usally save only the pattern piece I need in a separate file of it's own.) Draw a box round the outside of your pattern piece.
• Measure the dimensions of the box in centimetres. Write the width and height on a piece of paper for future reference.
• Open PrintKey2000. Using the “Rectangle” feature draw a rectangle around the exact area of the box in PE.
• Save the image to a file.
• Close PE and PrintKey2000.
• Open Embird, then the Embird Editor program.
• On the menu bar, click on Image | Open, and open your saved image file.
• On the menu bar, click on Image | Set Size.
• Type the dimensions (width & height) of the box you wrote down earlier. Note: the dimensions you wrote down are in centimetres and Embird wants the dimensions in millimeters. (1cm = 10mm). Click OK.
• Your image should now be sized correctly at a ratio of 1:1.
• To open your embroidery designs, click File | Merge. It’s important to use the Merge function not Open.

HTH

Edited by Belinda 2008-10-02 6:37 AM
Mary Anne
Posted 2008-10-14 5:01 AM (#48973 - in reply to #48594)

Belinda, Thank you for these instructions....I just noticed them, don't know how I missed your post before.
I will print them off and try them out later.

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to help!

Mary Anne
quackquack
Posted 2011-04-01 6:34 AM (#74196 - in reply to #47914)

Hi Belinda,
It's interesting what you say about Embird. My problem is I don't know how to save my designs in PE to jpg. Could you advise me either on where to find the instructions or on how to do it. Would greatly appreciate it.
quackquack
Posted 2011-04-01 6:55 AM (#74198 - in reply to #48594)

Thanks Belinda,
I hadn't noticed your instructions either. Now I have I will have a shot.
Belinda
Posted 2011-04-01 8:11 AM (#74200 - in reply to #74196)

Elite Veteran

My problem is I don't know how to save my designs in PE to jpg. Could you advise me

PE can open/merge any .jpg file, so what you need to do is save your embroidery design first as a .jpg file in another program. (Sorry I don't have any experience doing this because I do it the other way around as I described above.) PE can't save an embroidery design file as a .jpg file.
Sewhappy
Posted 2011-04-01 12:18 PM (#74212 - in reply to #48594)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks Belinda
I've had Embird for many years (much longer than PM) and had not discovered this possibility.
Your time here sharing your expertise is much appreciated.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.