Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMB 7 questions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

NancyN
Posted 2019-02-28 6:34 PM (#92820)
Subject: PMB 7 questions

New User

PMB 7 looks beautiful! Nice work!

Are there any changes to the way the patterns draft? 

On a quick look thru it appears that the changes are just to the interface. 

Does the 20% discount apply only to the full program? 

Nancy

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2019-02-28 6:54 PM (#92821 - in reply to #92820)
Subject: RE: PMB 7 questions

Administrator

We made no changes to how the patterns draft. They will draft as they did in v6. Yes, the main changes are to the interface and we added some new styles and other features. Yes, the 20% discount applies to the full version regular retail prices.
KathleenNW
Posted 2019-02-28 8:28 PM (#92822 - in reply to #92820)
Subject: Re: PMB 7 questions

Regular

The Left and Right side is gone from the measurement chart. Will that be coming back?
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2019-02-28 8:59 PM (#92824 - in reply to #92822)

Administrator

We eliminated the front and back shoulder slope measurements in Boutique v7 and changed them to settings. There are no longer any measurements that are specific to the right and left sides of the body. All of the remaining measurements are circumferences, lengths, and widths across the body.
KathleenNW
Posted 2019-02-28 9:10 PM (#92825 - in reply to #92824)

Regular

Lisa - Tech Support - 2019-02-28 6:59 PM

We eliminated the front and back shoulder slope measurements in Boutique v7 and changed them to settings. There are no longer any measurements that are specific to the right and left sides of the body. All of the remaining measurements are circumferences, lengths, and widths across the body.

Boy, I wish that were true.  But my right side is a size bigger than my left.  The point of the left and right side toggle was so the pattern would print out left side and right side up.  

It didn't have anything to do with the front and back shoulder slope measurement.  

However, it won't be a problem having two charts, then flipping one before I print it.

I am liking the other changes very much.  It's  nice not having to go to two different places to set defaults.  

jak10
Posted 2019-03-02 12:12 PM (#92834 - in reply to #92820)

Extreme Veteran

I just downloaded the demo for PMB7. I am unclear whether one can fine tune measurements in a setting chart or does one have to do a big trial and error again to get the same thing as in PMB6. I started with, I think PMB2 or 3 on a quest to make a perfect pair of pants. I am not sure how many years that has been or how many yards of fabric I wasted or how many pairs of sort of OK pants that I made and wore, but didn't feel quite comfortable in. I am now 75 and just in the past year I have made my perfect pair of pants. I only achieved this by watching Peggy at Silhouette patterns doing one of her pants fitting videos and then I could see exactly what I needed to change. I like to try new things but I am too old to reinvent the settings. The top settings by the way have been good, but now I have a forward neck, a front shoulder width of 14+ and a back width of 13.5. Will this new program allow me to have this type of measurement which I can achieve in PMB 6. Also it seems to indicate the messaging, that the other versions of PMB also have new programs, but is this one all inclusive, or are there separate programs for each? Thanks for information. JoAnn
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2019-03-02 7:29 PM (#92843 - in reply to #92834)

Administrator

jak10 - 2019-03-02 11:12 AM
I just downloaded the demo for PMB7. I am unclear whether one can fine tune measurements in a setting chart or does one have to do a big trial and error again to get the same thing as in PMB6.

We made no changes to how the patterns draft. They will draft just as they did in v6 so there is no need for new fit garments.

The top settings by the way have been good, but now I have a forward neck, a front shoulder width of 14+ and a back width of 13.5.Will this new program allow me to have this type of measurement which I can achieve in PMB 6.

No, PMB7 will not allow the front shoulder width to be wider than the back shoulder width. PMB6 does not allow this either.

Also it seems to indicate the messaging, that the other versions of PMB also have new programs, but is this one all inclusive, or are there separate programs for each? Thanks for information. JoAnn

All five PatternMaster programs are stand alone programs and all have been upgraded to version 7. PMB does not contain the other PatternMaster programs. You have to buy those separately.
maryann
Posted 2019-03-03 2:54 AM (#92846 - in reply to #92824)

Regular

I've been looking for the front and back shoulder slope "settings" but haven't been able to find them in settings (test drafting a blouse).  Did you mean this figuratively or is there an actual front shoulder slope and a back shoulder slope selection where a number can be entered like before when it was part of the measurement chart?  Am I not seeing something obvious or looking in the wrong place? The selections screen looks exactly the same as for v6 as far as I can tell.  Thx.

Maryann

Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2019-03-03 9:11 AM (#92848 - in reply to #92846)

Administrator

maryann - 2019-03-03 1:54 AM

I've been looking for the front and back shoulder slope "settings" but haven't been able to find them in settings (test drafting a blouse).  Did you mean this figuratively or is there an actual front shoulder slope and a back shoulder slope selection where a number can be entered like before when it was part of the measurement chart?  Am I not seeing something obvious or looking in the wrong place? The selections screen looks exactly the same as for v6 as far as I can tell.  Thx.

Maryann

The shoulder height setting and shoulder point setting control the front and back shoulder slopes.
quathy
Posted 2019-03-03 12:46 PM (#92851 - in reply to #92820)

New User

Do Curves and Knits use the same sloper? Is there a difference in these programs other than the patterns available?
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2019-03-03 1:46 PM (#92853 - in reply to #92851)

Administrator

quathy - 2019-03-03 11:46 AM

Do Curves and Knits use the same sloper? Is there a difference in these programs other than the patterns available?

Yes, Curves and Knits use the same dartless knit sloper as the basis for drafting the styles. Yes, the only difference is the patterns available in each program.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2019 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.