Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMB not drafting according to chart measurements`
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

lhaase0217
Posted 2019-01-13 2:29 PM (#92792)
Subject: PMB not drafting according to chart measurements`

Regular

I have gained weight lately and have readjusted my chart to reflect these new measurements.

I have been working on a 1930's fashion replica lately. After doing a mock up in muslin, I noticed that the waistline fit is way too tight and not at all what I had drafted for which was a 34" waist with 3/4" ease. Instead the circle skirt drafted at 34 1/8" instead of 34 3/4" at the waistline.

I decided to do some checking for various ease settings along the waistline then checking them in the Full Screen mode. I found that I had to increase the waistline ease to 1 3/4" in order to get a 34 3/4" waistline measurement on a circle skirt.

What am I missing here?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2019-01-13 6:37 PM (#92793 - in reply to #92792)
Subject: Re: PMB not drafting according to chart measurements`

Tech Support

At did a quick test and got the exact waist plus ease. Please send design summary and the pattern las file so I can check. Support@wildginger.com
lhaase0217
Posted 2019-01-14 2:44 PM (#92794 - in reply to #92792)

Regular

Just did a quick check again with a new style and it is only 1/8" off now which I can work with. However, when I go into my system tools and make changes (Home Screen Getting Started tab to Community Forums and Text Settings-Text to a .2) and save the settings, the home screen does not display the forums and, sometimes, the text reverts back to .15.
lhaase0217
Posted 2019-01-14 4:18 PM (#92795 - in reply to #92792)

Regular

Ok, it is still not drafting correctly. Sent the style summary, .las file and my chart.
lhaase0217
Posted 2019-01-19 10:11 PM (#92796 - in reply to #92792)

Regular

I want to thank Karen and Lisa for all their attention to this matter. Not only did we find other issues regarding irregular drafting issues which were corrected in the recent update, but they helped me understand certain things which I was not doing correctly when adjusting the Fit Defaults as well as "tips" when drafting certain types of darts.

Due to their tireless work and help, this program is one of the best programs at this price point which I have found. The support is superior to any other support for any program which I have attempted to understand and master.

It is only with the help of these fine 2 ladies as well as this community that makes this program great!

Thank you both, so very much.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2019 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.