Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New top and jeans
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format

Welmoed
Posted 2017-09-25 9:47 AM (#92299)
Subject: New top and jeans

Elite Veteran

I've dropped about 25 pounds, which means I need to sew a lot of new stuff for myself. Yay! I've been getting along by altering existing clothes, but it was time for new pants.

The top is my Tried and True draft from Knits: armscye princess front, no darts in the back, set-in sleeves with a lowered sleeve cap. All done with the serger and cover stitch. Nothing fancy; just functional.

The pants are the yoked jeans draft. I'm still not 100% happy with the front, but it's workable for now. The fabric is a stretch denim. I didn't take pictures of it untucked as the metal zipper ended up getting mangled in the assembly process and there's a little gap under the waistband. Since I wear a tool belt when I'm working, it won't show.

Next up are some culottes, and then I will... *gasp* ... tackle sewing a bra, since my band size went down too.

Oh, and who would have thought that FEET can shrink too? I went down a half size in shoes.

--Welmoed

(TopAndPant.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TopAndPant.jpg (87KB - 4 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JillRN1995
Posted 2017-10-05 9:56 AM (#92317 - in reply to #92299)
Subject: Re: New top and jeans

Extreme Veteran

Congratulations on your weight loss! Your top and pants fit great. I live in Baton Rouge, which is home to LSU, and the "Fighting Tigers". That top would look great with purple pants!! I'm just saying!!
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2017-10-05 11:00 AM (#92318 - in reply to #92299)
Subject: Re: New top and jeans

Tech Support

Have you washed the jeans. When working with a fabric with stretch pressing can affect the fit. I once make a pair of knit pants and didn't like the crotch fit. Once they were washed the fabric sent back into place. Seems I have overpressed just a bit.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.