Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neck and Shoulder adjustments - How to...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

tigerrr
Posted 2017-04-17 3:45 PM (#91990)
Subject: Neck and Shoulder adjustments - How to...

Hi all,

I made a fit garment from the "dress" pattern and have a couple of tweaks that made the bodice fit perfectly in the shoulder and bust and very close in the waist.

What I have a question about is the shoulder angle. I need it to angle more up towards the neck.

On the back shoulder --at the neck-- I raised/added to the seam 3/4" and tapered to 0 at the armhole.
I also raised 1/4" to the front shoulder ---at the neck--- and tapered to 0 at the armhole.
These changes dropped the back waist to a perfectly straight line and moved the seam to be exactly on top of the shoulder line!

I cannot figure out how to do that with the software as I only see an adjustment for the shoulder at the armhole... And I really do not want to affect the size of the armhole and sleeve cap as they are great. The armhole fits great and the bust darts are really good.

(After the above adjustments I added 1" to the back length straight across and tapered the front waist seam from an extra 1" at the side to 1/4" center front. I assume that all I need to do to reflect that adjustment in the pattern is to add to the front and back bodice length. )

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
--Amy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.