Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cameo 6 on the Microsoft Surface
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Cameo - PublicMessage format

beth1708
Posted 2017-04-16 2:24 PM (#91987)
Subject: Cameo 6 on the Microsoft Surface

Has anyone tried using Cameo 6 on the surface & if so, does it work normally for you?
I went into pattern design & try to draw a line. The line starts, but if I click, snap or type in a number, the line vanishes, rather than being drawn.
I have another (old) machine I can transfer the program to, but I'm wondering if there is another fix that I could try.

Thanks, Beth
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mmcva
Posted 2017-04-17 8:02 PM (#91992 - in reply to #91987)
Subject: Re: Cameo 6 on the Microsoft Surface

I haven't, but I've been looking into touch features since I'm planning on purchasing a touchscreen laptop. In the manual, a reference is made to activating the touchscreen mode in the settings - have you done that?
vickys
Posted 2017-04-18 10:22 AM (#91994 - in reply to #91987)
Subject: RE: Cameo 6 on the Microsoft Surface

Veteran

I don't have Cameo but I do have other Wild Ginger software on my Surface Pro...and I have the same difficulty as you describe. After enough frustration trying to figure out how to get the Surface Pro to work as a tablet, I get out the keyboard and do it the old fashioned way. That way I won't throw the computer across the room. I know that doesn't help with the technicalities, just in the commiseration factor.
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2017-04-18 10:31 AM (#91995 - in reply to #91987)

Administrator

All of our software works best with a two button mouse. If you are using the track pad that came with the tablet, likely that is part of the problem. Try it with a two button mouse and see if that helps.
beth1708
Posted 2017-04-21 7:46 PM (#92016 - in reply to #91994)

I was using the mouse & keyboard. I did try it with the pointer on the screen, which didn't work.

I moved the software to a desktop & it is working, so I'm ok with it now.

Thanks, Beth

vickys - 2017-04-18 7:22 AM

I don't have Cameo but I do have other Wild Ginger software on my Surface Pro...and I have the same difficulty as you describe. After enough frustration trying to figure out how to get the Surface Pro to work as a tablet, I get out the keyboard and do it the old fashioned way. That way I won't throw the computer across the room. I know that doesn't help with the technicalities, just in the commiseration factor.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.