Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cherry sunday sleeveless top
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format

angel4lorn
Posted 2016-10-03 5:24 PM (#91580)
Subject: cherry sunday sleeveless top

I added a back shoulder dart and made the back arm smaller.

next time I think I could change the collar so it's curved and cut it on the bias so it lays nicer.
I don't love that you can see the facing from the outside of the garment, but that's because it's a lighter colored fabric - I'm just a little anal/crazy about stuff like that. But I wear it mostly with a cardigan over it so It's really not a big deal

life is too short for serious clothing

should've done a better job at ironing for photos

Edited by angel4lorn 2016-10-03 5:28 PM

(closeup.jpg)

(sweater shirt.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments closeup.jpg (99KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments sweater shirt.jpg (98KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rebells
Posted 2016-10-04 10:15 AM (#91584 - in reply to #91580)
Subject: Re: cherry sunday sleeveless top

Extreme Veteran

Looks like you are of to a roaring start with your program. Did you use a stretch woven to make this blouse?
What will your next project be?
angel4lorn
Posted 2016-10-04 11:55 AM (#91588 - in reply to #91580)

Most of my clothing is made out of higher quality quilting fabric which has some give to it. This particular fabric isn't the best. It's a little thicker, stiff and starchy feeling.

I have been in a bad sewing slump for years, but have been running into a lot of cute fabric which has been my inspiration. I love the midcentury retro look. I hope to be finishing up another dress this week. I should start on a new winter coat. the one I presently wear is going on 4 years old. I should really make another one.

now that I have just enough knowledge to make me dangerous about dart rotation/manipulation... I'm much more eager to sew since my clothes will fit better.
Grandma C
Posted 2016-10-05 8:24 AM (#91591 - in reply to #91580)

Elite Veteran

I am anxious to see what you design next. I was born in 1949 and Love clothing from that era. The Mandarin collar is one of my favorites but since I have become old and, umm (fleshy), I do not feel that style is a complement to my appearance. You really seem to know what you are doing with the software.
Belinda(Lindy) from Alabama.

Edited by Grandma C 2016-10-05 8:27 AM
angel4lorn
Posted 2016-10-05 7:45 PM (#91592 - in reply to #91580)

Haha fleshy... yeah .. gravity does awful things to our bodies. But, I find that the program drafts a very large circumference mandarin collar. I felt like a couldn't fit 1.5 of my necks in the collar opening if that makes any sense. If I were you, I would give it a try with some muslin fabric. I also suggest lowering the collar height some so it's out of the way of your neck. You may be pleasantly surprised.

lets see... I'm 34 and purchased the program 11 years ago? I think Karen (bless her heart) curses every time she gets an "I NEED HELP" e mail. I think I'm FINALLY getting the hang of things.

I'll be honest. I taught myself how to sew when I was 13, and the hardest thing for me is to correct old/bad habits with sewing technique.

I get off topic so easily.

So to recap

Give that collar a try - and many thanks for your compliment.
- Abby

Edited by angel4lorn 2016-10-05 7:47 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.