Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Units of Measure Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Cameo - PublicMessage format

DuellingDesigns
Posted 2016-08-22 6:20 PM (#91454)
Subject: Units of Measure Question

New User

Hello!
I have just bought my Cameo software and have been reviewing the supporting material. I read that you can choose to use cm or inches but that you should stick to one. I am intending to use the software for selling my own pdf patterns both here in Canada and in other countries. I am comfortable using cm and inches but want to know if it is better to work with one over the other if you are planning to sell your patterns on-line. Does it matter at all which I use when I grade? I wasn't sure if there would be issues that would come up later that I have not thought of yet.

Thanks!

Dawn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2016-08-22 7:19 PM (#91455 - in reply to #91454)
Subject: RE: Units of Measure Question

Administrator

DuellingDesigns - 2016-08-22 5:20 PM

Hello!
I have just bought my Cameo software and have been reviewing the supporting material. I read that you can choose to use cm or inches but that you should stick to one. I am intending to use the software for selling my own pdf patterns both here in Canada and in other countries. I am comfortable using cm and inches but want to know if it is better to work with one over the other if you are planning to sell your patterns on-line. Does it matter at all which I use when I grade? I wasn't sure if there would be issues that would come up later that I have not thought of yet.

Thanks!

Dawn

I would recommend that you use Cameo in inches as it is the default display unit for the program. It does not really matter which one you use to grade. The patterns will come out the same dimensions and will not affect your printed patterns. The unit of measure should not matter for PDF patterns though. There are no measurements typically displayed on the patterns. If you choose to print measurements on the patterns, I would include both (e.g. 10 in/25 cm).
DuellingDesigns
Posted 2016-08-23 3:15 PM (#91459 - in reply to #91455)
Subject: RE: Units of Measure Question

New User

Thank you very much for your reply. I cannot wait to digitize my first pattern in my new Cameo software!
Thanks again.

Dawn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.