Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which choices work with what
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

BeadWinks
Posted 2016-03-23 3:15 PM (#91067)
Subject: Which choices work with what

Is there a resource available that shows what checkmarks get greyed out for certain other choices? For example I want box pleats on a dress but they are greyed out. Rather than clicking randomly to get it to show I would love to see a chart... Might be an impossible question. Perhaps multiple charts? When I am designing I keep loosing settings when selecting other settings. Frustrating and correcting can seem fairly random. I know it isn't because computers aren't random. I do understand that certain items become greyed out because two separate choices might not be compatible with one another.

Thanks
Alisa
Top of the page Bottom of the page
scottiesews
Posted 2016-03-25 8:57 AM (#91071 - in reply to #91067)
Subject: Re: Which choices work with what

Veteran

I've just gone through each bodice style & looked at the options for the skirt & could select box pleats for all. Which other style settings are you using? I wonder if something else is affecting your choice? I have recently returned to sewing & am having to relearn PMB myself so I know it can be frustrating until you get used to the program!
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2016-03-26 7:53 AM (#91074 - in reply to #91067)

Tech Support

Several years ago we did a spread sheet of options but it proved to be too difficult to manage then. The program is much larger now so don't think it is possible.
BeadWinks
Posted 2016-03-26 12:49 PM (#91077 - in reply to #91071)

Sue
Thanks for such a quick reply. I really appreciate your taking the time.
I was attempting to do classic bodice with empire waist. It isn't just that combination it is in general when designing that some options become greyed out. There are so many iterations with all the choices available I completely understand. I would NOT trade what I want for fewer choices. I am sure none of us would. I love all the options this program has.
Alisa
BeadWinks
Posted 2016-03-26 1:00 PM (#91079 - in reply to #91074)

Karen
Thanks for your quick reply. Amazing customer service, amazing company, amazing product.

I worked for FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple Inc. We had a department devoted to just the program dependencies. I understand but was hoping such a resource existed. I have to admit the time I have taken just trying to get the style I want has been extremely helpful in learning the program. Lots of trial and error. My problem is that I am attempting to make an dress for Easter... Yeah I know plan ahead next time...

I will also be making a post to the doll dress thread. I wanted a way to better visualize my design so I grabbed my Maru 20" doll and measured her (I make doll clothes that is why I have the doll...) multiplied those measurements by 4 then printed the pattern at quarter size. It worked pretty well! I believe you had made this suggestion on another thread.

I will post picture when I have time.

Thanks again for all your help,
Alisa
scottiesews
Posted 2016-03-27 6:52 AM (#91087 - in reply to #91067)

Veteran

Alisa
I see what you mean now. I think what I would do would be to select the pleat skirt option & as the CF is straight just add in the extra I needed there & do the box pleats by eye (& a tape measure)! I usually take the easy option if I can!! I hope you managed an Easter dress in time!

Edited by scottiesews 2016-03-27 6:53 AM
BeadWinks
Posted 2016-03-29 2:49 PM (#91088 - in reply to #91087)

Sue
Thanks for that suggestion. I will test that out.

Ironically I was sitting there realizing I was too late to make an Easter dress, thinking NOW what am I going to wear. I looked at a skirt I was using to get design ideas and I realized it was perfect for the day. Worked fine. I guess my mind is so into making something I forgot that I already had clothes I do like.

Thanks!
Alisa
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.