Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fabric recommendation, please?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

NancyM
Posted 2016-02-04 6:33 PM (#90934)
Subject: fabric recommendation, please?

Extreme Veteran

I need to find some shirting that is "mostly cotton" but is truly no-iron. My MIL has asked repeatedly for a blue or green cotton shirt, but she's in assisted living and the garment won't get ironed at all. I'd rather not put any labor into the cheap, low-quality 65% poly broadcloth I can find locally at JoAnn's, but the stores I prefer (local and online) go to the opposite extreme and have nothing but 100% natural fibers. Ideally I'd like something with a little character to the weave, like a chambray or Brussels washer, but no-iron (sort of like the "kettle cloth" or "frying pan cloth" of yore; "weavers cloth" is still available but only in off-white). I've searched online all the stores I know about and have found nothing. Can any of you point me to a source?

Thanks,
Nancy

P.S. Buying RTW is not an option; her hands can no longer manage the buttons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MFurman
Posted 2016-02-04 7:00 PM (#90935 - in reply to #90934)
Subject: Re: fabric recommendation, please?

Check out hartsfabric.com. They're located in Santa Cruz, CA, but have a pretty good online presence as well.
NancyM
Posted 2016-02-04 10:14 PM (#90940 - in reply to #90935)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks. I might try the seersucker--it's the only thing they have that looks truly no-iron. Love some of their other fabrics, though.

Nancy
StampinSharee
Posted 2016-04-07 10:50 AM (#91116 - in reply to #90940)

New User

I like the idea of seersucker. It come is so many pretty colors now! I am wondering where everyone gets their fashion fabrics. We only have Jo-Ann's in the area, and sometimes the quality is not what I' like to use for clothing. It's hard to buy online because I can't "pet" the fabric before purchasing. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.