Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to the forums, just wanted to say hi!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> The Off Topic - Whatever You Want To Post - ForumMessage format

CezzaXV
Posted 2016-01-01 4:47 PM (#90778)
Subject: New to the forums, just wanted to say hi!

New User

Hi everyone,

As the topic suggests, I'm new to the forums and wanted to say a quick hello to everyone.

I've been sewing for years now. I'm a bit of a nerd and sew costumes to wear at comic book conventions and have always bodged my way through them. In recent years I've started buying clothes from charity shops to cut up into their individual pattern pieces so that I can draw around them to use as patterns. My goal for 2016 is to learn more about sewing patterns, and buying PatternMaster Boutique is a part of that for me.

I'm also producer for my local amateur dramatics group. We mainly do pantomimes but occasionally do something else, so if this software is as good as it looks then it's going to be very useful to me as I sometimes have to make costumes for other people. I'm aware some patterns may not be perfect and will require adjustment, but as for the most part the costumes only have to look good from the front and from a distance, I'm hoping it's going to see me through quite nicely.

Got my sister to measure me up a few nights ago, so my next thing is to make my fit garment and take it from there.

Just wanted to say hi as I might be about quite a bit!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dotmoll
Posted 2016-01-15 10:57 PM (#90859 - in reply to #90778)
Subject: Re: New to the forums, just wanted to say hi!

Elite Veteran

Hello from somebody "old" to the forums, but currently very short of time to sew.

I'm very interested in comics and in theory interested in theater costumes, so would love to hear more.

What kind of costumes have you made for your comic conventions? My kids usually do a bit of work at the summer and winter Comiket conventions here in Japan. One son is almost always in rehearsal for one musical or another, so I have found the software useful for rehearsal clothes for easy movement. I've received lots of help with that from forums people here. At times I've used PMB for him rather than TM, because there are more measurement points for PMB and bodgings are easier done! However, I'm waiting for a long vacation to upgrade to the newest version, so the latest TM may be different from the one I'm using.

Good luck with your fit garment!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.