Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Design challenge
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

lhaase0217
Posted 2015-06-01 3:40 PM (#89964)
Subject: Design challenge

Regular

One of my clients, I believe I have mentioned her before, loves the looks of not only the 1930's fashions for women but also a mens wear look such as Ralph Lauren from the 79's. We have made many dresses for her and a few men's wear outfits but we are always looking for more interesting garments to replicate.

One of her favorite pattern sites is   http://www.evadress.com/   however many of the patterns for sale are much smaller than her size and we end up making so many alterations to a smaller pattern that it has just become easier to create the pattern pieces myself from PMB & Pattern Editor.

We have a couple new tops that I need to create and both are challenging in their own ways.

and and .

I pretty much have the Butterick all mapped out. She wants a narrow trim along the peplum of the skirt which I created after lining up the side seams of the peplum & creating a dart instead, merging the sewing lines together. I felt this was better for an overlay of bias trim not having a seam allowance under it to add bulk. I also laid out a line equi-distance from the hemline for the trim placement. After creating a print screen for the pattern pieces, I brought them into Photoshop, used some brushes to create a nice scroll to place as contrast trim along that placement line. Doing it this was allows the scroll of the trim to print onto my patterns.

Both the Eva Dress blouses I have started but am facing a few challenges such as the waist dart legs being moved 2 inches approx towards the center front on the center blouse and the arc in the center of the far right blouse. I was fortunate that EvaDress has PDF's of their yardage and the pattern pieces I could print screen and bring into Editor to get an idea, or downright replicate, that center curve.

Suggestions are welcome!

http://www.evadress.com/

Top of the page Bottom of the page
SueC56
Posted 2015-06-05 10:14 PM (#89977 - in reply to #89964)
Subject: Re: Design challenge

Extreme Veteran

I don't have any suggestions, but I'm impressed.
Grandma C
Posted 2015-06-06 10:38 AM (#89978 - in reply to #89964)

Elite Veteran

For some reason I can't open the link or view the images. Is there something disabled on my computer or what?? I' love to view these as I am so very fond of vintage outfits.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-06-06 10:52 AM (#89979 - in reply to #89964)

Tech Support

The address was correct but not working. I reposted the site and it is working now.

http://www.evadress.com/
Patti
Posted 2015-06-07 12:13 PM (#89984 - in reply to #89964)
Subject: RE: Design challenge

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for this web reference. Good, inspiring stuff.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.