Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fitting Dress Sloper Nancy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

Roseann9558
Posted 2015-05-19 8:09 PM (#89928)
Subject: Fitting Dress Sloper Nancy

New User

Hello All,
I am working with a pilot group of women to learn this awesome program. I am attaching photos of Nancy's 2nd dress sloper, after 1st tweaked by Karen. Karen has also given us additional tweaks to do before trying with "real" fabric.
We are and I was sharing with the ladies of my group how awesome the support of other PM users is. Thanks for any encouraging remarks you may wish to share.
It is a very tight fit... and the bust is a little high, and seemingly a little off kilter across the front.... these are things we are fully aware of. Nancy is relatively new to sewing garments and this was her 2nd zipper ever. Thanks for your efforts, and go Nancy!

(front reduced.jpg)

(back resized.jpg)

(side reduced.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments front reduced.jpg (82KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments back resized.jpg (93KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments side reduced.jpg (78KB - 1 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tall Karen
Posted 2015-05-19 10:49 PM (#89929 - in reply to #89928)
Subject: Re: Fitting Dress Sloper Nancy

Extreme Veteran

I think it looks really good except for the need for increased ease. Good job.
familysewn
Posted 2015-05-20 10:49 AM (#89930 - in reply to #89928)
Subject: RE: Fitting Dress Sloper Nancy

Veteran

Hi, I do not have a lot of experience with adjusting for fit, but it appears that the bust point is a little too low ( you can see this from the side view). I think it should point to the fullest point of the bust. This may have been one of the tweaks Karen told you to do? . Otherwise, ask her what she thinks. But I think it looks very good.
Barb
sewsally
Posted 2015-05-20 12:59 PM (#89931 - in reply to #89928)

Elite Veteran

Did she use the default ease settings? Looks too tight to really tell and its riding up.
Patti
Posted 2015-05-20 1:17 PM (#89932 - in reply to #89928)

Extreme Veteran

Let out side seams from underarm to hem and then reasses is just my humble opinion. I think you need to see how it looks once it can hang more freely.
EasilyAmewsed
Posted 2015-05-20 1:47 PM (#89933 - in reply to #89928)

Extreme Veteran

Gotta admit, slopers are a great way to practice zippers, and later on, to practice speed seam ripping. : ) I have 'stable' of zippers from the Goodwill that I reuse over and over for muslins. It would be interesting to see the 3rd muslin with the final 'tweaks' and additional ease too.
Shel

barbara
Posted 2015-05-20 8:31 PM (#89934 - in reply to #89933)

the neck is too wide. If the neck doesn't fit correctly the rest of the fit is off. The shoulders are the first dart. start from the top. Well ask an experts, I would love to hear all the excuses.
cfonfold
Posted 2015-05-20 10:26 PM (#89935 - in reply to #89928)

Expert

Thanks for posting the pics ladies! Seems we all agree that the ease must be addressed first. THe bust, waist, and hip lines can't settle into place otherwise. And these lines seem to tip off the horizontal a bit. It's my belief that two darts both front and back give a smoother fit. While the neck may be a bit wide for a jewel neck, I personaly like the high armscye and shoulder line. For my preference the side dart is a bit low--and I always check the bra straps to be sure that the bust line it's self is level. Remember that the fitting garment isn't intended to be worn day to day! Mine is fitted firmly but not tight. so as to indicate in the red overlay how my body sets in the garments themselves. We all have our preferences as to fit --And really you can't go far wrong with Karen's advice. Again thatks for the snapshots, (now there's and old school phrase for you! Coopie

P.S. And thats not such a bad zipper!

C

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.