Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fitting large bottoms
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

lhaase0217
Posted 2015-04-07 1:10 AM (#89714)
Subject: Fitting large bottoms

Regular

I had a client who had a normal size 22 in her bust however her rump and hips were a whopping 52". She had a very prominent behind, those that actually start the outward curve just a couple of inches below the waistline.

I played around with the pants sloper but MY GOODNESS those patterns look odd in the crotch and I am rather frightened to try them. I, truthfully, have not gotten a good fitting pants sloper yet, either for myself or my other client I sew for consistently. Anywho....

A armscye princess design drafted these huge bumps in the front to help fit in the hip area but she really had a flat stomach area. (She was 6'4" tall, weighing over 200lbs! She ended up jacking me on the finished project, never coming to pick it up and finally saying she didn't like it. sighs)

I met another woman at Fedex today who has the same problem with her large rump. Has anyone been successful at this fitting issue? Have you gotten a successful pant sloper for someone of this shape and if so, what, if anything, did you change in PE?

Thanks for the advice!!

(kandis.bonner.front.jpg)

(kandis.bonner.back.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Kandis_Bonner_Fit_Garment.las (17KB - 12 downloads)
Attachments kandis_pants_sloper.las (14KB - 15 downloads)
Attachments kandis.bonner.front.jpg (33KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments kandis.bonner.back.jpg (33KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-04-07 7:24 AM (#89715 - in reply to #89714)
Subject: Re: Fitting large bottoms

Tech Support

Hi - If you send me the chart I can give you some ideas for the patterns.

The dress las file looks good.  I would use the two torso dart options.  The greater the difference in circumferences the more darts you need.

For the pants I think the crotch length is wrong.  I have never seen a crotch length of 42 - which is what the pants are showing.  I checked some chart and would guess the crotch length is about 33.

Also is here height 6"4" or 64 inches being 5"4"?

For a princess draft with a flat ab you need to increase the front dart length. 

lhaase0217
Posted 2015-04-07 6:53 PM (#89716 - in reply to #89715)

Regular

What you cannot see is how far out her rump sticks out away from her body. It's 52".

That dress was built from a ready made pattern by Badgley Mischka (Vogue 1374 http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v1374-products-47818.php?page_id=31.

She promised me stretch lace, brought me bridal. Told her it was not suitable for the look she wanted and seemed OK with it. Loved it up until she didn't pick it up 2 days late (wanted it rushed in 2 weeks) then she called it crappy. Called herself a "esigner", saying she is taking her "hobby" and turning it into a business. She even had the nerve to ask me if I would take a RTW bikini bathing suit, add some strapping between the top and bottom so she could say it was "her design".

Edited by lhaase0217 2015-04-07 6:59 PM
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-04-07 9:50 PM (#89717 - in reply to #89716)

Tech Support

I am not able to understand what you are saying about the garment. We have many customers her size who get wonderful fit.
lhaase0217
Posted 2015-04-08 7:28 AM (#89718 - in reply to #89717)

Regular

Oh, Karen, I am sorry. There was nothing about the fit of the garment I made that was bad. I did try and pattern for her from PMB but since she was insisting on rush services (2 week turn around) I didn't have the time for a full on PMB fit garment. She was already complaining that she had to come over more than 1 time to fit.

I did a PMB test garment with armscye princess seams but that is the pattern that came out with the bumps in the front.  After that, I decided to go a different direction than through PMB. I hope that clears up my muddled post.

I am perfectly confident that  I could get great fit for this type of figure through PMB, just not quite sure how to do it, hence the post.

Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-04-08 8:32 AM (#89719 - in reply to #89718)

Tech Support

Bumps in front of princess means front darts are set too short. A longer front dart setting smoothes the front. The two dart option for princess lines gives a smoother fir for difference between circumferences is great.

(Princess darts.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Princess darts.png (11KB - 2 downloads)
lhaase0217
Posted 2015-04-08 12:08 PM (#89720 - in reply to #89714)

Regular

Oh, and her crotch length was around 44 1/2", not 52 which is her hip measurement. I got confuggled with all the numbers. You were quite right, Karen.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-04-08 12:55 PM (#89721 - in reply to #89714)

Tech Support

Crotch length is about 10 inches longer than I would expect. Not sure I have ever seen more than 34. The crotch length for the pants you send was 42 with ease. What happens is the crotch length also determines the crotch depth.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.