Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Avast anti-virus
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer-Ease -> Care and OrganizationMessage format

Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2015-02-14 4:19 PM (#89526)
Subject: Avast anti-virus

Tech Support

Recently we have had reports of Avast preventing Pattern Master from working.

We received the following info from a user on fixing the problem.

I opened avast, the antivirus software, then I clicked on the statistics button. This opens a new window, I then clicked on the 'component status' on the left hand side of the window. Here, in the top right corner is a box labeled virus chest. I clicked on the words, "items in the virus chest" which opens another little window, which had the pmb file. I right clicked on that file and chose the "restore and add to exclusions" option. This returned the .exe file to the pmb folder, I went back to that folder and opened the file, and there was an avast popup, when that came up, I chose the "add to exclusions option".

New info received.
 Avast changed its interface since 2015.. It's now under Settings/General/Exclusions/CyberCapture.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Eve Nguyen
Posted 2017-01-27 5:00 PM (#91798 - in reply to #89526)
Subject: RE: Avast anti-virus

New User

Thank you for the research on same. I been facing this problem since almost six months but found no luck. Somewhere I found that its could be fix by updating Avast but that did not work too. I followed your given path and now Pattern Master is working. Thank you,

Eve Nguyen 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.