Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

P-Editor Intersect button
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

Edwin
Posted 2014-12-15 8:15 PM (#89248)
Subject: P-Editor Intersect button

I'm working through the PE Movies and at Design Slash/Spread.  I had this problem yesterday and again today.  I can draw the line from the dart but then when I click on Intersect and then the line, the line does not shorten to the bottom edge line.  Instead, sometimes, two left clicks later outside the object in a blank part of the screen the drawn line shortens within the pattern.  I checked the Help manual on Intersect. I was having this problem yesterday and spent some trying the Intersect function on a rectangle with a construction point at the top line and drawing a line as per the above video.  Instead of cutting at the bottom line some times, if I try again the line will shorten within the rectangle or sometimes it will extend beyond the bottom line of the rectangle.  As per the video I have not selected the line (turned it red) before doing the function.  As that wasn't working I tried selecting the line and then did the function as per the video but nothing happened.

I'm using a desktop with Windows 7 64 bit all current upgrades installed and loads of RAM and a Logitech mouse

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Edwin
Posted 2014-12-15 8:32 PM (#89249 - in reply to #89248)
Subject: Re: P-Editor Intersect button

<p>Minutes later and I've moved on to the next video and found that there was an additional click needed - on the destination line as well as the line to be cut.</p><p>  This is the slash and Pivot - but when I follow that the bit that supposed to pivot just disappears.  Tried this several times now and opened and closed the program and tried again - still disappears leaving the bit of the skirt pattern that wasn't selected.</p>

Edited by Edwin 2014-12-15 8:59 PM
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-12-16 7:17 AM (#89250 - in reply to #89248)
Subject: Re: P-Editor Intersect button

Tech Support

Just tested and the Slash and Pivot worked correctly.

Intersect is a two click operation. Click on the part of the line you keep and then click to the extension or cut off point.

Are you reading the command line on the upper left as you work?  They are step by step instructions.

Another thought is are you using a mouse or a touch pad.  I always work PE with a mouse - must easier. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.