Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where are all the Men???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> Men Who SewMessage format

GB bike leathers
Posted 2014-12-13 2:10 PM (#89234)
Subject: Where are all the Men???

New User

Well !

We have have been repairing and making alterations to motorcycle clothing and leathers for the last 4 years. we have now got to the point where we want to design and make our own motorcycle clothing using both fabric and leather. Reading all the posts on this forum I have not found another man posting questions so I guess I will be the first.

I do not have any pattern making experience I am an electrician /engineer by trade can make almost anything out of mechanical parts or wood.

My partner Gail is a seam stress so she understands sewing but has not made any patterns!

Any volunteers to help me later will be great.

Software to be purchased Cameo. Book is in the post.

Bernard
Gail 5
Top of the page Bottom of the page
StMike
Posted 2014-12-13 2:28 PM (#89235 - in reply to #89234)
Subject: RE: Where are all the Men???

Extreme Veteran

Here's one man who has been using the Pattern Master software since May of 2010.  I do not own Cameo.  Started with version 4.0 of Boutique and Tailor Made.  Now have Knits (V.5), Boutique (V.5) and Tailor Made (V.6). Have made pants, shirts, and several other garment types for both men and women.  I have an album on here, but have not posted pictures of all the garments made. I check in here almost daily, but don't always have anything to add to the conversation.  There are severl other men who are regular observers on here.  You can learn a lot by just keeping up with the conversations that show up on here, but you have to study the programs from the inside out to become proficient.  Enjoy!
ByCats4Cats
Posted 2015-01-02 11:31 AM (#89312 - in reply to #89234)
Subject: Re: Where are all the Men???

New User

Oh we're around. I own a custom mascot production business and have been using the Tailor Made software for over a year now. I am a tinkerer myself and learned how to use the software in that way. I mainly use the jumpsuit pattern and put together 5 patterns before I got a hang of how to make adjustments to make the software do what I wanted it to do. Id say just play around with it, sew together some jackets out of some cheaper material to learn how things fit and go from there. Best of luck to ya
- Eric
owner, ByCats4Cats.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.