Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Learning Curve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

selenacanada
Posted 2014-12-06 9:52 PM (#89195)
Subject: Learning Curve

New User

There's a bit of a learning curve, but I'm sticking with it. :-) I have a few questions.

1. I've created a sleeveless chemise pattern, but when I go to lay out the pieces on the fabric, it only lets me put one piece and a gore and does not provide me with room to put the second piece and second gore via the click-drag-and-drop function. It only tells me it's 2 yards of fabric needed and I know that's wrong. Also, how do I change the length of the chemise from floor length to at-the-knee?

2. I've heard that if you have pictures of pattern pieces (such as ones drawn from a book of costume patterns) you can scan those pictures in and it will convert the pieces to your size given? Can I do this?

(and finally, for now. :-))

3. Is there a "For dummies" book on how to use this software available? :-)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-12-07 12:01 AM (#89196 - in reply to #89195)
Subject: Re: Learning Curve

Tech Support

In Yardage Calculator you can enter "goal length" when you create the setup box. If you need more length lay the pattern pieces extend over the right end of the on screen fabric and press the Calculate button. It will move the right side red line. There is a video on how to do this on the Help screen.

There is a length setting on the Settings tab or you can choose one of the Sheath Length option buttons on the Style tab.

Have you done your fit garment? It is the first things you do with your program.

In Articles tab in the V6 program see Tracing Patterns in PE. You can trace the patterns and scale them to full size using the Calculate and Scale function in PE as described in the article if you know the original scale of the patterns. The program cannot "convert" the patterns to your size. You would need our Cameo Made to Fit program to do that.

There are pages and pages of help files in the program. You can print out the PDF formatted Help Guide if you wish.
selenacanada
Posted 2014-12-07 9:59 PM (#89204 - in reply to #89196)

New User

Thanks! I'm still learning a lot as I go. I haven't done the fit garment yet, but will soon.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-12-08 12:34 AM (#89206 - in reply to #89195)

Tech Support

Fit Garment is the first thing you sew.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.