Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Almost a user
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster - PublicMessage format

Deeau
Posted 2014-11-06 9:41 PM (#89037)
Subject: Almost a user

New User

Over the last few days I have been playing with the demo versions and have a few questions. These may be very obvious I am most likely missing something !

I am having problems with what each command actually does, actually not what it does but how to do it ...is there a video in the full version that walks me through say a Move Point command, or a transfer dart, I seem to be getting very inconstant results. I am sure I am snapping or clicking in the wrong order but find it difficult to follow commands just by doing what the screen is telling me ? I can get it to

Next If I make a Fit Garment print it out and then know what adjustments I need to make I then apply those adjustments in the Setting section of the draft fit garments, I see in the measurements there is a left and right option ( cant see how to use this ) does that mean I can have measurements to suit an asymmetrical body type and when these settings/measurements are applied to my sloper when I use that profile they are automatically applied to my design style, so I am assuming here that if I get my sloper/profile as close to perfect as possible I can then create any of the styles with the only editing be design elements?

Does the Patternmaster Knits is there an allowance for the stretchiness of the fabric or is it a general setting for all stretch fabrics..... I assume that you can draft for knits in the boutique program?

Finally are the "Wild Styles" included as patterns or are they an extra to buy.

Will all these points be sorted when I buy the full version and have the manuel and videos ?

Thanks
Daneen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-11-07 6:54 AM (#89040 - in reply to #89037)
Subject: Re: Almost a user

Tech Support

PE has movies that explain each tool. Actually most users do not use the Pattern Editor. They are able to create most styles within style editor.

Once you do you fit garment any adjustments are first done with measurement corrections. Additional changes such as forward shoulder point would be done in settings.

You can have a right and left side. Most use the same measurements with different settings such as a high shoulder and a low shoulder changes in settings.

Any changes are applied to the garments you select in defaults.

Knits has stretch options built in. You select it based on the amount of stretch in your fabric.

You can draft for knits in Boutique and if a reduction is needed for stretch you can do that in PE - scale.

Wild Styles are part of the program. They are just a few suggestions to get you started.
Maria in Toronto, ON
Posted 2014-11-07 1:50 PM (#89043 - in reply to #89040)

Veteran

My apologies but I am so far behind have not gotten PM6 yet but plan to.

I'm hoping I'm reading correctly as I use left and right measurement charts. Does the reference to "left" and "right" mean "left" and "right" in one measurement chart. Right now I'm using 2 charts (V5)s then having to take in PE to create one pattern by deleting sides I don't need plus other minor fixes.

I'd be so elated if I only had to use 1 measurement chart. It would be huge in time saving.

Thanks.

Maria

Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2014-11-07 3:04 PM (#89044 - in reply to #89043)

Administrator

Maria in Toronto, ON - 2014-11-07 12:50 PM

My apologies but I am so far behind have not gotten PM6 yet but plan to.

I'm hoping I'm reading correctly as I use left and right measurement charts. Does the reference to "left" and "right" mean "left" and "right" in one measurement chart. Right now I'm using 2 charts (V5)s then having to take in PE to create one pattern by deleting sides I don't need plus other minor fixes.

I'd be so elated if I only had to use 1 measurement chart. It would be huge in time saving.

Thanks.
Maria

You still have to use two charts. There is no way to combine the left side and right side into one chart because the patterns can only draft for one side of the body at a time.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-11-08 6:49 AM (#89045 - in reply to #89037)

Tech Support

The Right chart flips the pattern. Each chart prints so it can be laid Right Side Up on Wrong Side of fabric. You can just print each side and tape together to have the full pattern.
Maria in Toronto, ON
Posted 2014-11-08 7:47 AM (#89046 - in reply to #89037)

Veteran

Good to know. Left and right charts not a problem to use. I cut single layer. I take into PE and merge left and right back together (or fronts depending on style) and select which left and right front (or back). I also use 2 sleeves...left and right. I delete the pieces I don't need in PE so I end up with just the pattern pieces I need. Since I cut single I can lay the right side up for the pattern on the right side of fabric. This also works great when trying to match pattern on fabric.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.