Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Automated Cutters
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Cameo - PublicMessage format

avantguardman
Posted 2014-10-15 1:50 PM (#88784)
Subject: Automated Cutters

Greetings,

I am in search for suggestions for automated cutting tables that work with the Cameo system. I am finally mastering the CAD pattern design portion and looking to add the grading and marker making modules. Is there some article that explains automating the cutting process and what is needed and what the steps are. I am trying to understand how the different cameo modules integrate with each other.

I am also looking for someone in Indiana, MI or OH who might be using Cameo from the design stage thru the automated cutting stage who used the design, grading and marker making modules, that might let me come and see how the whole thing works. I am in the costume manufacturing field.

Any suggestions would be most helpful !

Thank you,

Steve Hoffman
Avant Guard Flags & Costumes, LLC
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cristina
Posted 2014-10-15 5:30 PM (#88785 - in reply to #88784)
Subject: RE: Automated Cutters

Extreme Veteran

Hi Steve,

I use both Cameo Coordinate Grading and Excel to complete any pattern grading.
Currently, Excel can be replaced with chinese made Kingsoft Office Spreadsheet,
compatible with all platforms of Windows, Mac, Android ... and supports all previous versions. It seems that
they had a humanitarian view for all bussiness owners to create for them a working platform that stands time.

Also about Cameo Marker, you have to position each pattern manually - ok for when you use small length marker sheets.

There is one cutting software which is close to what I'd wish for Cameo to have
Silhouette Cameo that is providing the means to cut letter and A4 formats on fabric or paper
but it's still difficult to use for fabric - it has the advantage that can import dxf files and convert them for a cutting machine.
They even sell a small printer-cutter machine - ...I'd sew more if I had that for Cameo

Of course Pad System has automated marker, and Grading rules depend entirely of the grader preferences.

Edited by Cristina 2014-10-15 5:37 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.