Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

slash pocket
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> Garment ConstructionMessage format

NancyM
Posted 2014-02-14 12:27 PM (#87312)
Subject: slash pocket

Extreme Veteran

The SE drawing shows the slash pocket at what looks about a 30 degree angle from vertical; the sewing guide shows it at a very slight angle, maybe 5 degrees; the pattern piece drafts with it vertical. Has anybody experimented with the angle? Would one go into PE and ungroup the pocket bag, then rote only the slash box? (On a patterned fabric, would one rotate the welt piece by the same angle?)

I'm thinking of using this pocket with a sport zipper rather than a welt, for a fleece vest. Any advice?

Thanks,
Nancy

Top of the page Bottom of the page
StMike
Posted 2014-02-14 1:42 PM (#87314 - in reply to #87312)
Subject: Re: slash pocket

Extreme Veteran

Yiou might not need any PM pattern pieces. Check out this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=csrA6b9xNls&list=PL-3ERzaozv017b5BzJ_c... I made a fleece jacket with single welt slashed pockets from a PM pattern but used my own pocket patterns.
barbara
Posted 2014-02-14 8:19 PM (#87315 - in reply to #87314)
Subject: Re: slash pocket

I never use pmb pockets. I always use one from another pattern or make one up. I just put a pocket in a princess seamed jacket, I combine directions from a different pattern and keep the patterns and directions on file and take them out when needed.

I am sure you can find a pocket that you like in a book or online or in a commercial pattern.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.