Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

An angel and a princess
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> The Off Topic - Whatever You Want To Post - ForumMessage format

JillRN1995
Posted 2013-12-22 11:37 PM (#86872)
Subject: An angel and a princess

Extreme Veteran

There was a little boy from my hometown named Trevor.  He was diagnosed with cancer at the age of five.  His mom was unable to work due to caring for him and taking him for his cancer treatments.  As a result, there were times when they didn't have enough food to eat.  Trevor didn't like being hungry, so his dying wish was that no one else would ever be hungry again.  So, he started a food drive for our area food bank.  Over 30,000 pounds of food was donated as a result!  He died in October of this year at the age of ten, and our councilmen have decided to rename a bridge in his honor.  This particular bridge is in an area of town that provides meals for the needy.

Trevor was truly a very special little boy and I have no doubt that he's an angel in heaven now.

Our local news provided an update on Trevor's family a few days ago.  His mom is trying to find a job, and she doesn't have much money to provide Christmas gifts for her other two children.  The news reporter asked for donations. Her son wants a video game, and that her daughter wants a princess dress. 

I finished making that princess dress today.  My daughter bought her a pair of silver shoes with rhinestones, a tiara, a wand and pair of white gloves.  I have cried and smiled during the past week while working on this project.  I wish that I could see her little face when she opens the present. 

I hope that I made Trevor proud.

Please consider making a donation to your local food bank in honor of Trevor Sims.

(trevor.JPG)

(Trevor playing.JPG)

(Dress.jpg)

(Dress close up.jpg)

(purse pic.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments trevor.JPG (41KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments Trevor playing.JPG (25KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Dress.jpg (85KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Dress close up.jpg (76KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments purse pic.JPG (87KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
julie w
Posted 2013-12-23 1:14 AM (#86873 - in reply to #86872)
Subject: Re: An angel and a princess

Extreme Veteran

A sad yet inspiring story. You would have made Trevor proud not only with your generosity but your sewing skills too. A dress truly fit for a princess, love the matching bag too.
vickys
Posted 2013-12-23 10:31 AM (#86884 - in reply to #86872)
Subject: RE: An angel and a princess

Veteran

You brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you for sharing that story and more importantly, sharing your love of sewing and your kind, generous heart.
EasilyAmewsed
Posted 2013-12-23 7:30 PM (#86885 - in reply to #86872)

Extreme Veteran

Jill, that is a very special story, thanks for sharing it. The princess dress is lovely and will be very special to that little girl.  : )

Shel
margie2
Posted 2013-12-23 8:36 PM (#86888 - in reply to #86872)

Elite Veteran

Truly a dress fit for a princess. Well done, Jill.
JillRN1995
Posted 2013-12-23 10:25 PM (#86889 - in reply to #86872)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks everyone.

I am so glad that I had the opportunity to make a pretty princess dress for her. I hope that it fits her. The only size info that I given was that she wears a 4T. I searched for size charts on the Internet, and I think that the chest and waist will fit her, but I'm worried that it will be too long. Fingers crossed that I got it right!

Jill

Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2013-12-24 8:42 AM (#86893 - in reply to #86889)

Tech Support

Beautiful dress. Remember your forum friends when you need info. I sew for a size 4 and 6, Love the style. I think I will use it for a birthday princess dress in Feb.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.