Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repurposed man's sweater
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format
Posted 2013-11-07 11:47 AM (#86647)
Subject: Repurposed man's sweater

I needed a casual sweater to keep the chill off this Fall and had been looking around for something appropriate. I found this 3XXX man's sweater at a thrift store and cut off the side seams and sleeves. Using a PMB blouse pattern with 5 inches of ease and 1 inch extended shoulder, I recut the sweater and added a front zipper. The zipper was faced with petersham and hand tacked inside to provide a facing. The sleeves could have been an inch longer, but that was all of the length I had to work with.

Edited by mastdenman 2013-11-07 11:48 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 2013-11-07 5:13 PM (#86648 - in reply to #86647)
Subject: Re: Repurposed man's sweater

It looks nice. I love using the program to complement other garments. I'm making a tunic from a Vogue Donna Karen dress pattern that was sleeveless. I duplicated the armholes in PMB and drafted a perfectly fitting sleeve for it. My first try was a disaster because I forgot to do the necessary pattern alterations ! ( full bust adjustment, moving shoulder forward, etc...) And I teach this stuff! But I'm so spoiled by PMB that I totally forgot.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.