Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"new" prom dresses
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

TessainGabriola
Posted 2013-06-02 10:18 PM (#85506)
Subject: "new" prom dresses

Elite Veteran

I want to express my disgust with a local seller of prom dresses. A girl bought a "new" dress which she loves and I "just" had to hem it. The dress is stained with sweat, food, and I don't know what. It is uncleanable because of the beads and "jewels" sewn directly onto the dress. Has anybody else seen this situation?

Tessa

Top of the page Bottom of the page
pamelac858
Posted 2013-06-03 7:00 AM (#85509 - in reply to #85506)
Subject: Re: "new" prom dresses

Elite Veteran

That's AWFUL! Can she take it back and get a refund?
margie2
Posted 2013-06-03 10:52 AM (#85510 - in reply to #85506)
Subject: RE: "new" prom dresses

Elite Veteran

Someone must have bought the dress, wore it, and then took it back. I have heard of people doing this so that they have a nice dress for an occasion, without paying for it.

I agree with the suggestion of taking it back. Surely she can find a clean dress she likes as much as this one.

pamelac858
Posted 2013-06-03 2:25 PM (#85512 - in reply to #85506)

Elite Veteran

I used to work with a gal who did exactly that - wore it once or twice and took it back. How she ever figured out her credit card statements, I have no idea. I do know she was always shopping and dressed better than the executives in the office. She was also deeply jealous of my personalized outfits (I had a goal of one new outfit per week back then) and was openly hostile because I could sew such nice things for myself. She even sneered at me several times about how PROUD I must be to not have to do what she did - shop incessantly and continuously return - and I proudly said, 'Why yes, thank you, I AM proud.' She didn't know what to do with someone so 'stupid' that they didn't understand her backhanded insult. I can live with that.
Pam
TessainGabriola
Posted 2013-06-03 3:35 PM (#85513 - in reply to #85509)

Elite Veteran

Margie and Pamela, thanks for making me feel better. I can't say anything. I'm not going to be the messenger here. She has no idea and she is so happy. the prom is this Sat.

Isn't it funny how some people care so much about their clothes that they would steal and justify it.  I bet not only did you have nice clothes, but they fit! I was once at a wedding and a lady came up to me and complemented me on my dress and said that, obviously I had made it because it fit so well! 

Tessa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.