Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Activity
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> The Off Topic - Whatever You Want To Post - ForumMessage format

marrlo
Posted 2013-06-01 12:00 PM (#85489 - in reply to #85419)
Subject: Re: Activity

Extreme Veteran

Very interested. Lora
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Laura P.
Posted 2013-06-01 10:40 PM (#85492 - in reply to #85419)

Veteran

I have been, like a number of others, involved in home remodeling....year 6 actually! I really hope this is it. We've also been trying to sort stuff, junk, etc.--you know, time to lighten the load! Must say-I long to get sewing again, especially some clothes. I learn so much from the posts here and I thank you all for your work in sharing your experiences.
Laura
StMike
Posted 2013-06-02 9:07 AM (#85494 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

I have not been well lately, so the sewing came to an abrupt halt. But things are on the upswing, and I expect to get back to my machines and fabrics very soon. During this hiatus, I have concluded that my sewing has been stuck in the technical mode rather than the creative mode for a long time. I need to change that balance. Classes can help, and I have signed up for a few Etsy classes, watched dozens of YouTube videos, followed several blogs, read books, and completed many tutorials on this technique and that one. So far, there has not been much of an influence from these exercises on my paltry creative vision. As I work my way back to good health and the sewing room, I will emphasize experimentation and forget about making mistakes; they are going to happen anyway. Meanwhile, this forum is very helpful and always informative. Thank all of you for the postings.
ambro0
Posted 2013-06-02 4:29 PM (#85505 - in reply to #85494)

Veteran

Get well soon StMike and I look forward to seeing examples of your creativity as soon as you are able.
Cristina
Posted 2013-06-04 10:19 AM (#85517 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

I just had a proposition for user who are active and report bugs and propose solutions
to be offered some incentives, to credit new buyings from WG.
For example I would be glad to see such an initiative
and I would report 3 critical bugs - really critical - I found at a first check of Cameo 5 demo.
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-06-04 11:20 AM (#85518 - in reply to #85517)

Administrator

Cristina - 2013-06-04 9:19 AM
I just had a proposition for user who are active and report bugs and propose solutions to be offered some incentives, to credit new buyings from WG. For example I would be glad to see such an initiative and I would report 3 critical bugs - really critical - I found at a first check of Cameo 5 demo.

Wild Ginger is a very small company and it is not possible for me to track bug reporting for financial incentives. Often we have hundreds of customers reporting the same issue so that is all I would be doing with my time. We offer totally FREE technical support and FREE quarterly updates as incentives for customers to report issues with any of our software programs. Many companies charge fees for technical support and maintenance releases and bug fixes. After 18 years in business, we have never done that.

Also, please be advised that the demos are often not the same builds as the builds used by customers who have purchased our programs. The demos are not updated each time we have a program update as it is very time consuming. Demos are updated when there is a significant issue fixed or feature added. You are welcome to report any issues you have found with the Cameo demo but most likely those issues have already been fixed and an update posted.
Cristina
Posted 2013-06-04 12:13 PM (#85521 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

Indeed, this thread is also about users "Activity" on this forum
and I wished I hear Business users and Students users saying:
Hey, great thing someone has news to make things better!
ambro0
Posted 2013-06-04 4:43 PM (#85527 - in reply to #85518)

Veteran

Thank you Lisa and Karen for all your support. I really appreciate the fact that I can download a quarterly FREE upgrade for each of my PMB modules and know that technical assistance is available 24/7. Living in Australia, I have found that if I submit a request before I go to bed at night, I often find a prompt response from WG Support in the morning. Top service in my book!!

Keep up the great work!!

It's also great to see the recent activity on the forum and thanks for the 5 part series - Sewing in the Electronic Age - lots of valuable and relevant information contained therein and a fantastic reference for us all!

cindysews
Posted 2013-06-07 6:15 PM (#85551 - in reply to #85419)

Elite Veteran

I have been "awol" for a long time. With school, work, grandkids, kids and all the family chores that no one ever counts as work, there is little time to sew for fun. I thought I was the only one with a 6 year house remodel.....(only in year 2...). But, it's amazing how much time these little grandkids take! But soon they will be big enough to start asking....Grandma make me this...so I need to stay on my toes.
I think we should submit great styles and have Lisa offer the "winners" as e-patterns so we could refer our friends or students so they could buy the patterns without having to buy the whole program. A great way to start and that would "grow" the forum base again. Right now we are designing for each other and we have already bought the programs. Our kudos could be to maybe name the pattern. Just a thought.
It is very nice to see many of my old "friends" still here! We need to make sure we keep checking in and make one thing each season.
What happened to Rowena? Belinda from Australia I think? They used to do some amazing things.
Cindy
Karen Maslowski
Posted 2013-06-07 11:42 PM (#85556 - in reply to #85551)

I was just thinking about Rowena the other day, too. The last I heard she was home schooling Ella and taking care of her mother-in-law at their home. She had her hands full.
Grandma C
Posted 2013-06-08 3:34 PM (#85562 - in reply to #85419)

Elite Veteran

I appreciate all the posts here. It helps to know that life interrupts everyone. As for business wear not being interesting to anyone, It would be to me. I love to see even the mundane and the failures because I learn from what not to do.
I also wanted to let you know that my DH has been home since May 2. He has a long way to go to completely recover and the weight is on me to find the resources for therapy and to get him there. He is mobile and dresses, feeds himself and does a few jobs around the house when asked. He walks 2.5 miles most days. My oldest son shares the caregiver load with me and two of the grandchildren stay with him at night till I get home from work. It is time-consuming to take care of an insulin dependent brain damaged diabetic. I am still managing to work full time, for the time being. I check on what's going on here probably once a week. Wish I could sew some. St Mike I hope you get well soon. Karen and Lisa, I appreciate all the encouragement and help you give us.
SueC56
Posted 2013-06-08 5:55 PM (#85565 - in reply to #85562)

Extreme Veteran

It sounds like you have a good system, but take care of yourself, too.
StMike
Posted 2013-06-08 6:25 PM (#85566 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

Thank you GrandmaC. I am definitely on the mend. I had a heart catheterization and stent placement two weeks ago. It was much harder on me than I expected. Your husband is fortunate to have an extensive support system around him daily. I don't know what I would have done if I had suffered a massive heart attack or stroke. My doctor said I was just lucky as I came very close. Guess i dodged the bullet this time. My daughter from Washington State did come out to spend a week with me. That was a big help. I know your husband is grateful for the close, caring family.
julie w
Posted 2013-06-08 7:50 PM (#85567 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

Grandma C, glad to see you popping in, like SueC56 said take care of yourself too.

StMike, also glad to hear you are on the mend, take care of yourself too.
SueC56
Posted 2013-06-08 7:50 PM (#85568 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

StMike, Glad you are getting good care. Dodging the first "big one" is half the battle. Best wishes and take care of yourself.

SueC
magenta
Posted 2013-06-11 5:55 PM (#85577 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

Looking at these posts it would seem that a lot of us are busy with other projects/ life issues or generally lacking inspiration/motivation. I took part in some challenges last year that helped me think outside the box and I decided to further challenge myself by using fabric from my stash. I am waiting to hear back from the lady who set them last year to see if she minds whether I use some of them. Would anyone be interested?

Sarah
julie w
Posted 2013-07-13 6:53 AM (#85881 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

I rarely post things I have made but this thread has prompted me to actually get round to updating my album here. http://www.wildginger.com/forums/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumi... I apologise for the poor photos but when the only camara is an iphone and "selfies" as my daughter calls them, what can you do....!

The swing cape from PMB was prompted by Karen's thread on creating a bolero. I manually shortened the sleeves. This was an unloved fabric for the muslin but would like to make it in a summer weight mesh/lace for an eveining coverup.
The animal print dress/sheath I wasn't sure about once it was made but love wearing it and was once complimented on it while walking around an expo by someone at the ASG stand who had seen the fabric " and now wished she had bought some". The pattern was drafted as a scarf hem dress but I joined the top and bottom pattern pieces together before cutting out.
The ponte skirt is comfy to wear and I like the vertical panels. I have also made this in the same olive as the pants.
The ponte pants are also comfy to wear but am not sure on those() folds at the crotch and how to fix them. I seem to get them in stretch pants more so than in non stretch woven. However the non stretch woven are usually work pants with a wider leg. Not too much of a problem with these though as I will usually wear a longer top with them and they are good to change into after coming home from work.

My garments are no where near as lovely as the others recently posted on the forum, like Jill's shirt and Trisha's jacket. I so admire everyones skills but at the moment sewing time is limited and I am going for simple and gratifying. I still aspire to be sewing more tailored garments.....one day
pldesigns
Posted 2013-07-13 7:06 AM (#85882 - in reply to #85881)

Veteran

Hi Julie, 

I think your clothes look really good and comfortable . You're right, the swing cape would be great in a mesh.  It's quite cute.

Thanks for sharing.

Sue

ambro0
Posted 2013-07-13 7:19 AM (#85885 - in reply to #85881)

Veteran

You have been busy Julie. I've made comments on your photos. I agree that the swing cape would also be great in a mesh/lace for a summer cover-up. I think your muslin looks good too! :-)
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2013-07-13 8:06 AM (#85886 - in reply to #85885)

Tech Support

() usually means the crotch is pulled forward and up a bit.

May be the crotch for tights.

I'm away at Bridge school this weekend so will compare the tights crotch to a slacks crotch next week and post.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2013-07-13 8:20 AM (#85888 - in reply to #85566)

Tech Support

Love the swing cape with the shorter sleeves.
Trish
Posted 2013-07-14 4:24 PM (#85897 - in reply to #85881)

Expert

These garments are great!  The swing cape is a surprise...it has sleeves!  I'll have to check that out...

Also, the assymetrical scarf hem...again, a surprise!  I must investigate further!

Great job!  You will get lots more wear out of these than I will get out of my jacket...sigh.

julie w
Posted 2013-07-15 6:01 PM (#85905 - in reply to #85419)

Extreme Veteran

Thank you Sue, Annette, Karen and Trish for your lovely comments.
Trish your jacket is wonderful. Your attention to detail in the drafting, the fit, sewing and fabric choice not only show in this jacket but in all you do. I took a look at your blog and love your MOG dress.
pamelac858
Posted 2013-07-21 4:32 PM (#85933 - in reply to #85419)

Elite Veteran

Julie, would you mind elaborating a bit more on the swing cape? That's adorable!
julie w
Posted 2013-07-21 6:49 PM (#85935 - in reply to #85933)

Extreme Veteran

The swing cape is in the jackets style editor section of PMB5. The only change I made was to shorten the sleeves manually after printing out. I used my standard measurements and defaults chose zipper front and curved v neckline. It is basically a cardigan with cut on half circle sleeves
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.