Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Digitizing in Cameo 4.0
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Cameo - PublicMessage format

NancyWest
Posted 2013-04-16 10:24 PM (#85158)
Subject: Digitizing in Cameo 4.0

We are having difficulty digitizing our patterns in Cameo 4.0 in our fashion design lab. We enabled the digitizing board, TR (under Utilities) and nothing shows up on the screen. We've prepped patterns according to the "green book", etc.

HELP!

Nancy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-04-16 11:36 PM (#85159 - in reply to #85158)
Subject: RE: Digitizing in Cameo 4.0

Administrator

Hi Nancy,

Did you install the software for the digitizer? Does it work in Windows - can you move the puck on the digitizer and it moves the cursor on the Windows desktop or other programs? Did you enable the tablet on the Settings screen in the Cameo System Manager?
NancyWest
Posted 2013-04-17 9:33 AM (#85160 - in reply to #85159)

Well, we purchased a stand for it and IT set up the digitizer, so I am unsure. Yes, I enabled the tablet in the system settings. Will check with IT today, but nothing appears on the screen when we move the puck.

Will advise.

Thanks,

Nance
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-04-17 2:38 PM (#85163 - in reply to #85160)

Administrator

NancyWest - 2013-04-17 8:33 AM

Well, we purchased a stand for it and IT set up the digitizer, so I am unsure. Yes, I enabled the tablet in the system settings. Will check with IT today, but nothing appears on the screen when we move the puck.
Nance

If the puck does not move the cursor when you are on the Windows desktop then I would guess either the tablet is not turned on or the software for it was not installed. Cameo does not install tablet drivers. It can only use what is already installed.
NancyWest
Posted 2013-04-23 9:27 PM (#85216 - in reply to #85158)
Subject: Re: Digitizing in Cameo 4.0

Hi Lisa,
Checked with IT and the software is installed as are any drivers (as a matter of fact, IT upgraded the drivers per the Numonics website); digitizer is still not working with our Windows 7 system (a new system). Everything is turned on. IT is now telling me we should talk via phone to see if there are other aspects of set up that have not been enabled. Puck is still not moving and nothing appears on the screen when trying to digitize a pattern.
NancyWest
Posted 2013-05-06 10:24 AM (#85287 - in reply to #85158)

Hi Lisa,
We are going to need some guidance here on this. I'm going to ask our IT department to contact you. They've downloaded upgrades to drivers, etc. Also: there were no instructions (i.e. "roadmap" to the puck when we received). Can you give a brief tutorial on which button corresponds to the information in the book, please? We've tried various attempts, assuming we are working with the right buttons on the puck. In other words, which button is the first/second/third? Our puck is numbered numerically. IT is wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Please advise. We really need help with this. Thanks.
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-05-06 12:03 PM (#85288 - in reply to #85287)

Administrator

NancyWest - 2013-05-06 9:24 AM

Hi Lisa,
We are going to need some guidance here on this. I'm going to ask our IT department to contact you. They've downloaded upgrades to drivers, etc. Also: there were no instructions (i.e. "roadmap" to the puck when we received). Can you give a brief tutorial on which button corresponds to the information in the book, please? We've tried various attempts, assuming we are working with the right buttons on the puck. In other words, which button is the first/second/third? Our puck is numbered numerically. IT is wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Please advise. We really need help with this. Thanks.

Your IT department can call me at any time. I am here 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM most days. Once again, if the puck does not move the cursor in Windows (NOT in Cameo), then the digitizer is not working. Until it moves the cursor on the Windows desktop, it cannot function with Cameo. Can you verify that the puck is moving the cursor?

I am not sure I understand your question about the puck. The buttons should be numbered numerically. The first button is the 1 button in the upper left corner of the puck. If you have not reprogrammed the puck, then it should still correspond to the buttons as listed in the Cameo User's Guide.
Shrymp
Posted 2013-05-06 5:10 PM (#85290 - in reply to #85158)

I upgraded my digitizer to a 10.10 for my roll up III and it works on my computer. Now in search of a software that I can get without it costing an arm a a leg to import into my Cameo 5. Logic Trace Cnc Dxf looks great but at $800 price is way too much. Any suggestions on which one?
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-05-06 5:51 PM (#85292 - in reply to #85290)

Administrator

Have you looked at TurboCAD. It may still support a digitizer. Its only $40.00.
Shrymp
Posted 2013-06-04 1:12 PM (#85523 - in reply to #85158)

I went searching for a way to digitize my pattern and came across this video on youtube for Pattern Master Boutique. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5zL0VUm6g The formula works perfect. Try it out. Everyone owns a digital camera now and it makes it simple. Hardest part is shooting the picture straight on. But if you have a tripod it should do the trick. I put my camera on my ironing board. Instead of digitizing the pattern at the beginning, trace the 2" square, calculate, scale, and then trace. I have tried it several times and it worked perfect for me. I am getting pretty quick at this. Now I don't need a large space for my digitizer, or a need to purchase a cad program.
Lisa - Tech Support
Posted 2013-06-04 1:39 PM (#85524 - in reply to #85523)

Administrator

Shrymp - 2013-06-04 12:12 PM

I went searching for a way to digitize my pattern and came across this video on youtube for Pattern Master Boutique. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5zL0VUm6g The formula works perfect. Try it out. Everyone owns a digital camera now and it makes it simple. Hardest part is shooting the picture straight on. But if you have a tripod it should do the trick. I put my camera on my ironing board. Instead of digitizing the pattern at the beginning, trace the 2" square, calculate, scale, and then trace. I have tried it several times and it worked perfect for me. I am getting pretty quick at this. Now I don't need a large space for my digitizer, or a need to purchase a cad program.

The author of the video, Catina Ferraine, is a long time Cameo and PatternMaster user. She is really great at explaining tips and tricks such as this one. I have used it quite successfully as well. Digitizers large enough for pattern input are really unnecessary now.
Catina
Posted 2013-09-24 11:11 PM (#86470 - in reply to #85524)

It's funny because I began using that method out of necessity because I couldn't afford a digitizer... and now even if I could afford a digitizer I think I still prefer the photograph method! Cameo spoiled me in being able to go from large and laborous hand-drafting to easy little finger flicks and mouse gestures on the screen with ridiculously calibrated accuracy... that now the thought of working a life size digitizing on a tablet seems too much work to me! lol Cameo has really liberated me to discover skills and efficiency that I never would have though possible, and at a very reasonable and attainable price point!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.