Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Italy
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> The Off Topic - Whatever You Want To Post - ForumMessage format

JoAnndjob
Posted 2013-02-02 10:10 PM (#84574)
Subject: Italy

Going to Italy in September - mostly northern Italy. What new clothes should I plan to make?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sewsally
Posted 2013-02-02 11:04 PM (#84575 - in reply to #84574)
Subject: Re: Italy

Elite Veteran

Lucky girl. What cities? I was there when I was just out of college and hitchhiked. (Can't believe I did that.)
Loved Venice and Florence but didn't make it to Rome.
My grandma was from Lucca.
JoAnndjob
Posted 2013-02-04 6:56 PM (#84579 - in reply to #84575)

Sally, We're taking a river/land tour. The major cities are Venice, Florence & Rome. From Venice we will be branching out to Padua, Verona, Serravalle, Ravenna & Belogna. I really know very little about Italy, but it should be fun. I feel like I'll never have enough clothes for a 13 day trip. At least the weather is very similar to southern CA where I live. Do you speak any Italian. What should I really know?
sewsally
Posted 2013-02-04 7:15 PM (#84580 - in reply to #84574)

Elite Veteran

I understand Italiam more than I speak -- or at least used to. I went there in 1968 or so.

Be sure you have a money belt.

This sounds like a wonderful trip!!
jak10
Posted 2013-02-05 4:03 PM (#84589 - in reply to #84579)

Extreme Veteran

My advice is the less clothes , the better, unless you will have a reason for more formal clothes. The people in Italy wear a lot of black and in terms of pick pockets, it is better not to stand out as a tourist. I think the rule is everything must go with everything else and layer. The first time we went to Europe we took two large bags and one small. I have been back several times and now only take a 25 inch bag, and unless one is buying a lot of souvenirs, it is more than adequate. I find the hardest part is how to carry all the drugs my husband needs. The last trip to France, we settled on a type of laptop/backpack/messenger bag that would be easy to carry and fit under the seat on an overseas flight. Not much leg room. I personally carry something called a healthy backpack in which I carry meds, , a change of light clothes, a book, personal grooming things on the flight and then use that as a daypack for a sweater, water, snack, etc.. Anyway you will love Italy! Have a good time. JoAnn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.