Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Valentine's Day cardigan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format

NancyM
Posted 2013-02-02 12:27 PM (#84571)
Subject: Valentine's Day cardigan

Extreme Veteran

Just posted pix of new embroidered fleece cardigan, a Valentine's Day present for my MIL, who loves red and likes to have me embroider things for her.
http://www.wildginger.com/forums/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumi...
I downloaded a copyright-free heart shape and played around with different outline and "motif fill" stitches in my embroidery software. Would have looked nicer in boiled wool or Melton, but that's not practical in assisted living.

It's not meant to fit the form I hung it on for photograph.

Nancy

Edited by NancyM 2013-02-02 12:28 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
vickys
Posted 2013-02-02 2:05 PM (#84572 - in reply to #84571)
Subject: RE: Valentine's Day cardigan

Veteran

She's going to love it! How lucky she is to have you as a DIL. Nice work.
RJ388
Posted 2013-02-02 7:44 PM (#84573 - in reply to #84571)
Subject: Re: Valentine's Day cardigan

Regular

Very Nice Nancy,
I love all the work you put into the hearts!
Very Nice.. I'm sure she will Love It!!

Rosemary
KinDE
Posted 2013-02-05 12:41 PM (#84586 - in reply to #84571)

Veteran

Love the hearts! What software did you use and what did you use as a stabilizer?  I hope I can find time to do something similar this month. I've got a lovely double sided fleece that I bought last year for another project.
NancyM
Posted 2013-02-05 1:21 PM (#84588 - in reply to #84586)

Extreme Veteran

Hi, Karen,

4D software, but I think most programs would work. Some of the stitches I used were from the "universal" menu, rather than the menu specific to my Pfaff machine, and I'm betting that most embroidery software would include identical or similar stitches. I found the universal stitches easier to work with because they had a much wider range of sizes and so could be used to make relatively large-scale, light-density fill patterns suitable for clothing. One or two of the hearts are a bit stiff, but most turned out quite flexible. I used mesh stabilizer for knits--don't remember brand but it has a tiny pattern of dashed lines in it, one set horizontal and the other at an angle to them. I cut away the stabilizer to about a 1/4" margin around the design; since it's a cardigan and won't be worn next to the skin, I'm hoping these edges won't be irritating. (Ugly, though.) Also used washout stabilizer on the top to keep stitches from sinking into the fleece. A smooth fleece would have been nicer than a nubbly one, but I used what I could get at local chain store.

Nancy
KinDE
Posted 2013-02-06 9:48 PM (#84599 - in reply to #84588)

Veteran

Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate the reminder about the need for a topper to keep the stitches from sinking. Sometimes it is the simplest things that can really make the difference in a project. There really isn't much time left to finish designing hearts and doing some tests sews!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.