Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

unbuttoned casual jacket with band collar
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> Design Challenges - PublicMessage format

Joyce F
Posted 2013-01-26 12:07 PM (#84509)
Subject: unbuttoned casual jacket with band collar

Veteran

This has me stumped, and I even think I've done this successfully before.....I am making a jacket of silky polyester and a plain band front. For the collar I chose the band. I attached the band right sides together, and folded over and pressed to stitch down.
The straight part in front looks great, but around the neck it is very wonky and I am drawing a blank as to how to get the band folded over without making 1000 clips in it. Is there something I am missing here? Can't seem to think it out. I did trim off the sharp curve on the upper front. I am thinking maybe I should have made the center front lines as straight as possible? Also, should I have cut some off the center front to allow for the band, as is done with sleeve cuffs? I don't have enough fabric left to recut the front.
Joyce
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Joyce F
Posted 2013-01-26 12:52 PM (#84510 - in reply to #84509)
Subject: RE: unbuttoned casual jacket with band collar

Veteran

OK. Somehow the back neck facing was on the floor instead on applied to the jacket. I hope that's where I went wrong. Back to the sewing room.
Joyce
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.