Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wonder Under
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> The Off Topic - Whatever You Want To Post - ForumMessage format

StMike
Posted 2013-01-10 8:35 AM (#84368)
Subject: Wonder Under

Extreme Veteran

I just used Wonder Under for the first time, and used it to make fusible interfacing out of self fabric for a shirt collar and cuffs.  It works well, and the initial results are as good or better than more expensive fabric fusible interfacing I have been buying on line.  Does anyone have experience with Wonder Under?  Does it hold up to laundering?

I don't know why this program keeps substituting smiley faces for some letters?  

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2013-01-10 9:06 AM (#84371 - in reply to #84368)
Subject: Re: Wonder Under

Tech Support

Edited your post to uncheck enable emoticons. That gives you the smiley face.
Beverly A.
Posted 2013-01-10 7:12 PM (#84380 - in reply to #84368)

Elite Veteran

Mike: I would advise against it. It does not seem to hold up well to laundering and I use cold water and no dryer. I hate to think the effect hot water and a hot dryer would have on it. Additionally, if you are going to put in much time and effort, why not use quality interfacings that will hold up.
Beverly A.
StMike
Posted 2013-01-10 10:30 PM (#84381 - in reply to #84380)

Extreme Veteran

Beverly A. - 2013-01-10 6:12 PM Mike: I would advise against it. It does not seem to hold up well to laundering and I use cold water and no dryer. I hate to think the effect hot water and a hot dryer would have on it. Additionally, if you are going to put in much time and effort, why not use quality interfacings that will hold up. Beverly A.

Thanks, Beverly.  Good advice!

Mariette Rose
Posted 2013-01-31 4:28 PM (#84550 - in reply to #84368)
Subject: RE: Wonder Under

St. MIke---

Wonder Under is more of a craft item. I would not recommending it for a permanent sewing project. It doesn't launder well. Remember, you get what you put into something. I would go with a sewing product. I usually use Pellon products for interfacing.

Mariette Rose
Berninawoman
Posted 2013-06-28 4:12 AM (#85748 - in reply to #84368)

New User

I have been sewing for 40+ years (I started young) and I only recently tried the fusible interfacing with a woven fabric on the otherside. The difference in quality compared to the cardboard type is so much more professional! I now only use the woven fusible type. Wish I had tried it years ago!
Karen Maslowski
Posted 2013-06-28 7:40 AM (#85749 - in reply to #84368)

Mike, I agree with Beverly, having used both Wonder Under and good quality interfacings for various projects.

If you have trouble finding a decent local source for interfacing (and I don't consider Joann Fabrics a good source), you might try this online resource: https://www.fashionsewingsupply.com/ They have some of the best interfacings around, very good service, and good advice, as well. The owner, Pam Erny, is a custom shirtmaker herself, and she has a great blog with tips and tricks here: http://off-the-cuff-style.blogspot.com/

Best of luck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.