Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Great sewing machine for Christmas
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

Miztee
Posted 2012-12-06 3:19 AM (#84126)
Subject: Great sewing machine for Christmas

Just wanted to pass on to users in the US (and those of us Canadians who are cross-border shoppers) that Costco has an unbelievably good price on a Brother computerized sewing and quilting machine, the Brother XR1300. It has 130 different stitches including 8 styles of 1-step auto-size buttonholes. It comes with a ton of different feet, an instructional DVD and a 25 year warranty - all for $139.00. It was a Black Friday special but the two closest US Costco locations to me still have a few in stock. I know because I just bought my fourth machine today.

I am currently sewing drapes with the one I bought for myself and it is happily powering through 6 and 8 layers of drapery fabric. I didn't need another machine but I couldn't believe the price, so thought I would give it a try. Costco is really good about taking back any merchandise that isn't satisfactory so I had nothing to lose. The machine's automatic tension has been great for every stitch I tried.

I bought the second machine for a friend who hasn't sewed anything more than repairs for years because her machine was so old and 'picky'. The third machine was for the HVAC installer who was replaing my heating system while I tried out the first one (a surprise for his wife). I bought the fourth one today just because I am so impressed with the machine, the price is so good and maybe one of my other friends will want to take up sewing (I like to be prepared).

It would make a great machine for a new sewer or for any sewer who wants to upgrade to a computerized machine without having to remortgage the house. And no, I don't work for Brother or Costco. I just think this machine would make a great Christmas gift for any sewer in need (or want) of a new machine.

Happy sewing,
Theresa
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dancing threads
Posted 2012-12-06 8:27 AM (#84128 - in reply to #84126)
Subject: RE: Great sewing machine for Christmas

My first sewing/embroidery machine was a USED Brother. It was a wonderful machine and, like you said, sewed through anything and never a hiccup. No finicky sensors like I have now in my TOL machine I paid LOTS more for. I sold that Brother machine and have kicked myself ever since b/c my friend is still using it while I struggle with my TOL lemon. Linda
thistles
Posted 2012-12-06 6:51 PM (#84129 - in reply to #84126)

Extreme Veteran

Hi Theresa,

Thanks so much for posting about this!  A dear friend of mine has a machine that she hates, so I sent her the info about this one.  It was the right machine at the right time at the right price, so we took her down to Costco and picked one up for her.  She is thrilled!  I would have liked to purchase one for myself, but I already have two machines and no more space.

Your post made a very happy Christmas for someone I love.

margie2
Posted 2012-12-06 7:13 PM (#84130 - in reply to #84126)

Elite Veteran

Thank you, for posting this review. I am trying to decided whether to buy one for my 13 year old grandson. He has an interest in learning to sew, but it is off and on. We have made pajamas and a Boonie hat. The Boonie hat was his first project and his choice. I didn't want to tell him that it was not a good choice for a first project, so we proceeded to make the hat. It turned out very well and he is proud of it. I am just afraid that now he is at the age where he will not want to sew again. Maybe if he has his own "new" machine it will keep his interest. He does have a machine of his own, but it is an older model Kenmore that I gave him. He has expressed interest in making a shirt, but never seems to have the time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.