Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody familiar with Buzz Tools?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   All Things Sewing - Public -> All Things Sewing General DiscussionMessage format

Marilyn R in IL
Posted 2012-11-24 3:03 PM (#84048)
Subject: Anybody familiar with Buzz Tools?

Extreme Veteran

I have a Pfaff 2144 dating from 2001. I had the embroidery software which came out at the same time--VIP Customizing. I don't embroider very often, but would like to make some things for my new grandbaby. The problem is that now all the software seems to be incompatible with my newer computers and their software, and Pfaff is only interested in selling their new software for $$$.

I was using Parallels w/Windows XP and I could run the software there. But now I have upgraded my Mac to Lion and the Parallels won't open anymore. I don't want to rely on Parallels anyway, because I was given a fairly new PC on which I am using PMB software and others. Today I tried to download the embroidery software onto the PC and because it's so old--the software--it's not compatible (16 bit) with Vista (32 bit) on the PC.

So, I went exploring on the web and found the site for Buzz Tools. Trouble is, I'm sure it's fine for organizing files, designing, etc. But, I can't figure out if I will be able to get designs to transfer to my sewing machine. I have a cable which goes from my sewing machine and has a USB port to attach to my computer. Does anyone know if Buzz Tools has the capability to "talk" to my Pfaff 2144--in ".VIP" language?

Thanks so much, in advance. I am soooooo frustrated! I cannot afford a new machine, nor can I afford over a thousand dollars for software that I use so infrequently. I really feel that the sewing machine manufacturers have a huge and horrendous scam going and I don't want to feed into it anymore!

Marilyn
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JoAnndjob
Posted 2012-11-24 3:31 PM (#84049 - in reply to #84048)
Subject: Re: Anybody familiar with Buzz Tools?

Check out Embird. The basic program is a very affordable editing software. I don't have the latest upgrade, but what I have works on XP, vista and V7. I use Buzz Tools for organizing files.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-11-24 4:09 PM (#84050 - in reply to #84048)

Tech Support

I use Buzz explore to organize my designs and also to move them to a flash drive. With my previous embroidery machine I moved designs by cable to the machine with Buzz explore.

I also use Buzz edit for my design changes.

I have been using Buzz tools products for 15 years.

As a point of reference I know Lisa Shaw, their former Tech person. She lives about 20 miles from me and assisted in her hands on editing class in Puyallup last year.
dianas
Posted 2012-11-24 7:28 PM (#84051 - in reply to #84048)

Regular

Have you checked the Pfaff website to see if they have an update or newer driver for your older version of the software? I don't have Pfaff software but this is what I had to do to get my older version of the Brother software to work on newer versions of Windows.

I also like and use Embird. It's my preferred software for embroidery. I don't know if Embird can transfer designs directly from computer via cable to sewing machine. It does have options to write to multiple medias though. You can download a trial version and the trial version used to be fully functional. I don't know if it still is.
Marilyn R in IL
Posted 2012-11-25 9:54 AM (#84052 - in reply to #84048)
Subject: RE: Anybody familiar with Buzz Tools?

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for the replies. I went on the Pfaff website yesterday (the cause of some of my frustration) and could not find anywhere where they offer drivers or updates for older software. I'll look again today. I'm sure they used to have a link for that because I had to download a newer version when they switched from a PCMPCMI (sp?) cable to a USB cable. But, that was probably about 6 or 7 years ago or so.

I will definitely look into Embird. I remember that name from long ago, too. A free trial version would be ideal. I'll report back...

Marilyn
Grandma C
Posted 2012-11-25 11:43 AM (#84053 - in reply to #84048)

Elite Veteran

Marilyn, do you have a computer repair store near. Why not call them and see if they can find you a driver o0r perhaps a sewing machine service center would do that for you. ........ just brainstorming here. How about members of the local ASG, perhaps someone will have worked through the same problem. Oh, I know, surely there is a Pfaff forum online that is or is not connected to the Pfaff company. These forums will sometimes have found a work around for software problems.

Here is a link to a sewing pattern review addressing a similar issue.
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=33...
I'm sure you have looked but I will try a little more.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1498462-pfaff_7570_connection_new_xp_...
Read the Q&A about the 7550. It addresses the serial port problem and a fix/adapter for the 2140.
Its listed under 6 fixes.

http://www.pfaff.com/kr/4397.html
http://www.pfaff.com/kr/media/creative_line/creative_update_01.04.0...

Edited by Grandma C 2012-11-25 12:07 PM
sewsally
Posted 2012-11-25 12:12 PM (#84054 - in reply to #84048)

Elite Veteran

Post on patternreview.com. Lots of info there.
Marilyn in Oviedo Fl
Posted 2012-11-25 4:15 PM (#84056 - in reply to #84048)

Veteran

I was in the same boat as you are. I ended up with SewWhat Pro from Sands computing. http://www.sandscomputing.com/ . Updates are free, and new versions are reasonable in price. Does everthing I need and more, and is very user friendly.

Also has a yahoo group for help, with the developer available to answer your questions.

Marilyn in Oviedo,Fl.
Miztee
Posted 2012-11-28 2:29 AM (#84069 - in reply to #84048)

Attacking this from another angle, when I decided I would like to try doing some machine embroidery but didn't want to invest my entire retirement savings, I bought a Brother PE770 from amazon.com. It is a basic embroidery-only machine that will do 5x7 designs. The display screen leaves LOTS to be desired but it was an excellent machine for my purposes. It is available for less than $550 on amazon.com now and includes 4x4 and 5x7 hoops. It will also load PES designs from a 2GB USB drive. I stumbled across Embroidery Library (www.emblibrary.com) and have purchased literally hundreds of their designs. I love them! I don't ever want to digitize my own designs so don't want to invest in expensive software or extravagently over-priced machines.

You might find this inexpensive machine and Embroidery Library designs will meet your needs without all the frustration.

PS. 16 months later, I now own 5 embroidery machines, including the aforementioned PE770, a Viking Designer SE, and three Brother 6 needle machines. It is still just a hobby but I intend to be retired for a long time. I will take the Brothers any day.

Theresa
Marilyn R in IL
Posted 2012-11-28 9:57 AM (#84075 - in reply to #84048)

Extreme Veteran

I so appreciate all of the responses that have come through. I just wanted to let you all know that I am still investigating the options, especially SewWhat and maybe even the Brother machine. I'll keep in touch...
Marilyn
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.