Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wild Ginger Classes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger General Info -> Wild Ginger ClassesMessage format

GeeJay
Posted 2012-08-29 1:08 PM (#83188)
Subject: Wild Ginger Classes

Are there classes that have been given that we are able to download and do at our speed? There seem to be so many things I would like to learn but for some reason I either miss getting the message or if I get the message I am unavailable at the time they are given.

I never have been too good at finding things in forums. Not just Wild Ginger but any forum. I seem to have a mental block. If I do find something one time I usually can't get back there to find it the second time. For someone who has worked with my own computer since 1987, I still have difficulties with forums!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-08-29 1:12 PM (#83189 - in reply to #83188)
Subject: Re: Wild Ginger Classes

Tech Support

http://www.wildginger.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8192&po...

This link has info on the classes.
magenta
Posted 2012-08-30 7:33 AM (#83192 - in reply to #83188)
Subject: RE: Wild Ginger Classes

Extreme Veteran

Hi Geejay, there are classes available, but you have to pay for them. I taught myself the program without them. Make the fitting garment and send the necessary to Karen and you won't look back.

HTH Sarah
GeeJay
Posted 2012-09-06 12:13 PM (#83248 - in reply to #83188)

Thanks Sarah for your suggestion . I have already made many garments (occasionally needed Karen's help) and for the most part have been happy with my creations. Actually the fitting and using the basic patterns is the easy part.

My problem is with the program in general. Whoops, that didn't sound right. What I mean is, the details of how to work from one screen to another. For instance, when I save a style, I found out when you get to the next screen it says it isn't saved so you must save it again. Then if I need to close the program (or it closes itself for some reason) then I can't get back to where I was working to set up the yardage calculator, or print the summary or guide sheet. I also get lost in the yardage calculator when I want to print the pattern I sometimes have to try a couple of times to get the yardage plot to print on a sheet apart from the pattern pieces. These little details are what I need to really understand to make the program run more quickly and smoothly for me. I spend a lot of time trying to figure these things out.

On my computer, I have two other pattern programs and these above mentions details are easier to work with in those programs.......HOWEVER, I like the way the garments in THIS program fit, and the way it allows you to choose the sleeve, neckline, etc. and see it in the pictures so you know just what you are getting. I just need to understand some of the little "quirks" that aren't yet clear to me.

GeeJay
tbirdtammy
Posted 2012-12-22 2:26 PM (#84223 - in reply to #83189)

Regular

I sign up and paid for two on Line class yesterday but have not receive any info about them and where the worksheet are locate for the class.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-12-22 2:41 PM (#84224 - in reply to #83188)

Tech Support

HI

Sign into the forum. Click on forums upper right so you see all of them. Then scroll to the bottom of the listings to find your classes.
tbirdtammy
Posted 2012-12-22 10:02 PM (#84225 - in reply to #84224)

Regular

Thank you, Karen, I am new to drafting and hope to use this drafting software to make my life a little easier. I am working on my daughter dress for a party, will post a picture in the album, once I am finish the project.
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-12-24 8:17 AM (#84232 - in reply to #84225)

Tech Support

I moved this thread to Finished Garments.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.