Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Church sewing group
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> FREE iCare - PublicMessage format

mickeygirl
Posted 2012-06-07 11:07 AM (#81971)
Subject: Church sewing group

Veteran

I joined a church sewing group. Mostly the emphasis is teaching women to sew and making quilts for various charity causes. Often we get donated patterns, fabric and other items.

I am wondering what items other church groups have made that were made from the icare patterns. I really do not know what items are in demand. I am going to tell the group leader about the programme and see what is needed.

I was asked to make some haircutting capes for the volunteers who come to cut hair every month. I am not sure what they need. I think that I would rather ask them but then what about a pattern? And what fabric should I use. I was thinking about dollar store plastic table cloth? ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TessainGabriola
Posted 2012-06-11 12:23 AM (#82025 - in reply to #81971)
Subject: Re: Church sewing group

Elite Veteran

I have no Official group experience, but I made the dressing gown and I understand that if you put snaps along the shoulder and top of sleeve instead of sewing it, the person can use it for eg mastectomy x-rays or whatever, while keeping the other side warm and covered. There was thread about it. When I made the gown the armhole size default was way too small so make a trial. Actually, my husband wears his gown a lot around the house.
Tessa
TessainGabriola
Posted 2012-06-11 12:32 AM (#82026 - in reply to #82025)
Subject: Re: Church sewing group

Elite Veteran

I just checked the newest version - there are sizes now. Also we found that the double breasted front opening is warm and comfortable.
Tessa
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2017 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.