Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Resize from Sm to 2X
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format

GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-14 10:13 AM (#80663)
Subject: Resize from Sm to 2X

Regular

I made the small size coverup by first saving a classic sheath with with shoulder princess seams. and then saving a raglan sheath. I merged the two patterns and made the changes to the neckline and sleeve cutouts.
I wanted the raglan back and sleeve, but the seams up the front for set in pockets. I saved that.

Then I saved the same two sheaths in 2X. I merged these two with my saved final coverup in the small size, so I had pieces from all three designs in PE.
In PE, I placed the pieces from my final coverup (Size Small) over the pieces from the other patterns (size 2X) and used the "Scale" feature until the pattern pieces were as close as possible in size. WHen I was satisifed, I deleted everything but the new up-scaled pieces - a basic raglan back, the two pieces for the front and the sleeve.
I didn't add the pocket because, I guess, that's a no-brainer, but I guess I should have to make a complete pattern.
Printed it and sewed it up and it's okey dokey!

(Backgrounds.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Backgrounds.jpg (52KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-03-14 10:41 AM (#80666 - in reply to #80663)
Subject: Re: Resize from Sm to 2X

Tech Support

Not sure what you are trying to do.

Grading is not the same as scaling. When grading the shoulders changes less than a bust or hip would.

If you want to do patterns and grade them, consider Cameo. It is designed to do this easily.

GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-14 12:26 PM (#80672 - in reply to #80663)
Subject: RE: Resize from Sm to 2X

Regular

I am learning how to start from one of PM's designs and tailor it to suit my needs. So, for the most part, I don't need to do what I did with this design.
However, I like the challenge of creating a pattern (on the 1" graph paper first) that duplicates something that I want, as most people who buy the program do. This particular design just didn't work with just one of PM's designs.
I scaled it incrementally, horizontal and vertical and also redrew smaller areas until I got what I wanted.
I understand that scaling and grading are not the same thing. What's important is that I enjoyed working with the program and the end result was what I wanted.
My hope is to forego the paper pattern as my go-to for drafting. I have been pattern drafting for 30 years, so it's what I go to first.
I look forward to understanding more and more of PM features!

Gloria D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.