Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

creating a pattern
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Pattern Editor Projects - PublicMessage format

GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-12 1:51 PM (#80601)
Subject: creating a pattern

Regular

I am trying to create the pattern that I have pictured here (hopefully I'll be able to upload the picture!)
I started with a kimono sleeve dress, single breasted. Shortened the sleeve to about a 10" length, and lengthened the front neckline to 13".
I can hopefully post a screen shot of the pattern as it was altered.
My question is ...
Once I make all the changes, rename it and save it, shouldn't I be able to call that up and print out patterns in the sizes that I have in my measurement charts?

Gloria D

(il_570xN_318454474.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments il_570xN_318454474.jpg (64KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments print screen.docx (68KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-12 2:31 PM (#80603 - in reply to #80601)
Subject: Re: creating a pattern

Regular

I think I'm figuring this out. My problem seems to be, when I open the design in a different size and go into the Pattern Editor, it seems to be the same measurements. If I measure the waistband, for instance, the 2X is still looking like it's a small. However, if I ignore that and go into Print (I always rearrange the pattern pieces) it does go into the new size. I think. !! I am having printer problems downstairs, so will have to bring the new pattern into PM on my computer upstairs and print there. Let's go see...
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-03-12 2:46 PM (#80604 - in reply to #80601)

Tech Support

You can't resize a pattern created in PE.

The saved pe pattern does not open in style editor.
GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-13 9:38 AM (#80617 - in reply to #80601)

Regular

OK, I think I get it, but it brings up another question.
I went in and created this using Dress> Kimono, then changed it to empire waist and the neckline length and the sleeve among other things, and it came out looking good. I did the same thing for each size - Sm, Med, Lg, Xlg, 2X, 3X, 4X, saving each one individually. When I went into PE, I deleted the facings and the back, because when I make it, I cut the same piece for the front and back. I widened the waist and hip ease, so it slips over the head easily. Their are only 3 pattern pieces.
I did this on my laptop upstairs. I like to create and print on the desktop downstairs with the laser printer (which is 15 years old and works like a charm - except for yesterday!) . So, I went into the Patterns folder on my C drive (on the laptop) and copied the new patterns under dresses onto a flash drive. I transfered them into the Patterns folder under dresses on my desktop. I can't seem to pull them into the program.
Can I do this? If so, what am I doing wrong?
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2012-03-13 10:12 AM (#80620 - in reply to #80601)

Tech Support

Saved patterns need to open in Pattern Editor.

Open Pattern Editor first. Then browse to the saved pattern and open.
GloriaD
Posted 2012-03-13 10:33 AM (#80622 - in reply to #80601)

Regular

Excellent! Thank you very much. Most of my designs will be easily created with PM. This will work fine for me.
I do have a design that is going to be pretty tough, and will require a merge.
I use easel size 1" graph paper for my patterns. Last night, I worked for quite awhile on this. I'll post it.
JAMIE GRAY
Posted 2014-04-10 1:28 PM (#87595 - in reply to #80601)

How do you delete the facing or other pieces that you don't want when you're printing a pattern ?
Karen - Tech Support
Posted 2014-04-10 2:21 PM (#87597 - in reply to #87595)

Tech Support

On the print screen at the top select page. Then select the pages you want to print.
GloriaD
Posted 2014-04-10 2:49 PM (#87598 - in reply to #80601)

Regular

Holy cow! I originally posted this 2 years ago. Really don't remember what I was doing.
When there are pieces that I don't want printed, when I am in the print screen after I've chosen which printer I'm using and what size paper, there is a drop down menu for choosing pattern or paper. First I move the pattern pieces that I want printed where I want them to be, and then I go back to the drop down menu and choose paper. Then highlight just the paper pieces that you want to print. You can leave other pattern pieces off to the side.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.