Wild Ginger Software Forums
Wild Ginger Software Forums
Search Forums | Wiki | WG TV | Newsletter | Blog | Pinterest | Albums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Repurposed Eddie Bauer skirt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wild Ginger Software - Public -> PatternMaster Finished Garments - PublicMessage format

purplebouquet
Posted 2011-12-05 9:39 AM (#79128)
Subject: Repurposed Eddie Bauer skirt

Extreme Veteran

I am truly happy with my newest WG creation, an original RTW that I turned into a short flounce skirt for me.

This past year, we've started to organize my MIL's condo to ready it for sale and as I went through her closets, I laid a few pieces aside for me, mostly skirts or dresses that were brandnew or barely worn and of good quality. One such find was a 100% wool, unlined Eddie Bauer skirt, long, slightly flared with a waistband and a back zipper. I was too big for me, but I liked the material, so I planned to reuse it.

The Nov. 2011 repurposing contest on patternreview, http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/contestreport.pl?ContestID=... spurred me to action. I re-used a WG pattern that is becoming a TNT pattern and style for me. I started with the basic A-line, no waist or hip ease. Although it fit beautifully, the default option gave me waist darts and not a lot of flare, it looked more like a pencil skirt on me. So I slashed the waist darts and overlapped the outside legs, spreading the pattern at the hem. After truing the hem, I had the design I wanted: no darts and just the right amount of flare. I also lowered the waist 3 inches in the front, 2.5 inches on the sides and 2 inches in the back. A lining serves as facing. I inserted elastic in the front panel to stabilize the waist. For this pattern, I shortened the skirt panels 4 inches and then attached a flounce, drafted in Editor as a 1/3 circle. Finally, to add an accent, I cut a thriftstore tie into bias strips which serve as piping along the waist and ribbon along the flounce.

I love this skirt. With boots and a fitted top and a short vest, it looks phantastic. Here is a picture of the skirt, and you can find a closeup of the ribbon detail in my album, http://wildginger.com/forums/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=17... (last photo).

If you're a PR member, I'd appreciate your vote. or all comments on this thread.

Claudia

Edited by purplebouquet 2011-12-05 9:42 AM

(skirt for WG small.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments skirt for WG small.jpg (53KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ambro0
Posted 2011-12-05 3:11 PM (#79140 - in reply to #79128)
Subject: RE: Repurposed Eddie Bauer skirt

Veteran

Well done Claudia! Your skirt looks fabulous and thanks for sharing and I voted for you in the competition. Now, to look in my wardrobe for items to re-purpose!! LOL!
Trish
Posted 2011-12-12 6:08 PM (#79224 - in reply to #79128)

Expert

Cute skirt, Claudia! Nice save.
Grandma C
Posted 2011-12-13 1:04 AM (#79227 - in reply to #79128)

Elite Veteran

I thought I already commented on this but its not there. Ok, I like the skirt and love the recydle feature.
Grandma C
Posted 2011-12-13 1:05 AM (#79228 - in reply to #79128)

Elite Veteran

I thought I already commented on this but its not there. Ok, I like the skirt and love the recydle feature.
rebells
Posted 2011-12-13 7:35 AM (#79229 - in reply to #79128)

Extreme Veteran

Like what you did with your skirt.  How are the votes doing on PatternReview?
purplebouquet
Posted 2011-12-13 2:53 PM (#79233 - in reply to #79128)

Extreme Veteran

The votes are in, and I got six. That puts me far, far away from the winner, but that's okay. The contest motivated me to make this skirt, and I've worn it several times during the past 2 weeks already and just love it. The real winner is Wildginger Boutique!

Thanks for everybody's kind words and votes.

Claudia
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
© 1995-2018 Wild Ginger Software, Inc. All rights reserved.